Starcraft Dinette bed converter

petenkaz

Jan 14, 2015
Hi all, question for something that's been bugging me for a bit. We've got the dinette converter for our 17.58, however the dinette seats are the contoured ones, not flat cushions like our old flamingo. Anyone know if this is correct, or should we have the flat cushions? Can't imagine it would be a good nights sleep, but unless I get into trouble I hope to not find out! Personally prefer the flat cushions as it makes the dinette less squishy

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Should be flat if you ordered from the factory. Below our 17.58..
Did your table fit? Ours was too big so they cut another piece of wood to be exact.
img_4673-jpg.jpg

petenkaz

Jan 14, 2015
Thanks Dave, I suspected that should be what it looks like! I haven't tried the table but sincerely doubt it would fit. They also gave us the timber, problem is it's not super convenient to carry at all times, best tucked away safely at home.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I think some people have spun their cushions around so the hump is at the back of the seat? Worth a try perhaps.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
our timber slides under the bunk mattress when we make up dinette. Fits ok.
Last trip we left the dinette as a bed and left table at home.

Just brought floor stock 22" Starcraft which was not setup as bed from factory so am in the same boat as you now :)

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
our dinette cushions are flat, we got the converter, we were told we could have had the contoured, however not with the converter

petenkaz

Jan 14, 2015
Get the van back this weekend from some warranty repairs....laminate was bubbling in a few spots, and I never got the gas bayonet fitted at delivery. The solution they have given is to make the backs and contoured cushions removable. So turn the base around so that raised bits are at front and back. I'll try this out when I get the van back, will be interested to see how it actually all works.

Very quick turnaround for the laminate as I thought it would have to be ordered especially for the job and take weeks. I really can't fault Jayco's warranty and follow up, particularly when compared to my current VW dealings with warranty issues, i.e. deny fault and decline!