Chassis Different wdh brands.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I've been pricing/researching different wdh's over the past few weeks and the price varies alot between the different brands.

The price can vary from as low as $380 to sometimes over $800. This is for the same rated 600lb set up.

My question is why is there such a difference in price, is quality an issue?
Or is it a brand you are paying for and do you get what you pay for over the long term?

I know some of the goosenecks are different too so this maybe a factor.

Ok one more question, do some bars hang lower than others in relation to brands as I want mine as high as possible?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Mate when I was looking. I found that the HR stuff you had to buy the standard kit and then add the extra drop shank. Found a couple of dealers who would swap out the standard hitch for the drop and only charge a small difference. I think the advantage of HR is stuff is everywhere and interchangeable.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Mate when I was looking. I found that the HR stuff you had to buy the standard kit and then add the extra drop shank. Found a couple of dealers who would swap out the standard hitch for the drop and only charge a small difference. I think the advantage of HR is stuff is everywhere and interchangeable.
Thanks @achjimmy I'll have to remember that about the drop hitch.
Did you look at other brands?

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I started with an Eza-Lift system sold by Jayco which is a good product and does the job, just found it wasn't suitable for my needs with the Pajero as the adjustment holes on drop shank where to far part not allowing for "fine'' adjust also no cam adjustment to allow for tilting the head it only adjustment was removing a bolt and using spacer washers supplied. I liked the way the bars locked in but they did hang low because lock in from the bottom.

I sold it and purchased the Hayman Reece .

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks @achjimmy I'll have to remember that about the drop hitch.
Did you look at other brands?

Nah mate I didn't. There is also a factory Mits one for the Pajero FYI. I really didn't think the Paj needed it. The 200 doesn't I only looked at the hitches to use to try and get the tow ball height down , cause lifted on the 200 initially height was at 550mm above the ground.

Reactions: cruza driver