diesel/water separator filtration system

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Fellow diesel owners,

I am toying with the possible addition of the diesel/water separator filtration system. Wanted to put it out there for those whom have had issues re: bad diesel and water in their fuel system, some of the symptoms experienced prior to engine stall?

Yes there are always the horror stories out there and MASSIVE hole the hip pocket gets from these type repairs, guess that's not what any of us want to have happen to our vehicles.

Have seen various kits on the market from different 4wd show/ magazines which filter water from the fuel. Yes my OEM fitment fuel filter has the drain plug, though it is hard to see what comes out it given its location.

Please should anybody have some info/fitment kit used, pictures of their system or a detailed process location on vehicle, which side of the OEM filter required so on and so on, l would be very interested to see/ read about it.

Cheers Pace

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Fellow diesel owners,

I am toying with the possible addition of the diesel/water separator filtration system. Wanted to put it out there for those whom have had issues re: bad diesel and water in their fuel system, some of the symptoms experienced prior to engine stall?

Yes there are always the horror stories out there and MASSIVE hole the hip pocket gets from these type repairs, guess that's not what any of us want to have happen to our vehicles.

Have seen various kits on the market from different 4wd show/ magazines which filter water from the fuel. Yes my OEM fitment fuel filter has the drain plug, though it is hard to see what comes out it given its location.

Please should anybody have some info/fitment kit used, pictures of their system or a detailed process location on vehicle, which side of the OEM filter required so on and so on, l would be very interested to see/ read about it.

Cheers Pace

Pace I have a Diesel Navara and get a lot of info from this site, it may help you also.
http://www.navara.asia/

Pasties

Dec 2, 2013
Maroochydore
Hi Pace,
There is a good system supplied by most diesel fuel injection shops, it is called a direction plus pre filter kit,it is supplied with filter , stainless steel bracket, hoses, clamps, and a spare filter it is a 30 micron filter.
You can buy kits for 90% of the common rail vehicles approx cost is $330 to $360.
Cheers steve

Reactions: Pace