Curved Roof

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has taken delivery of their expanda without roof top air recently?

I am interested in whether your roof has somewhat of a curve to it rather than being flat?

Won't get into why just yet but would like to here what others have experienced recently? :faint2:

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
Is the van higher than is what quoted? I noticed the curved roof when I first backed into the carport as I knew I had limited room and when I first looked as it went in I thought heaps of room but then backed in more got out and had a look and thought gezz that's close having a closer look I noticed the curved roof.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Sounds like a good upgrade from the flat roof if its standard now. Any one with a curved roof got a photo?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Be interesting to see how they attach items on the roof where it is curved. As for run off, every summer I have observed the water run off the roof in various directions from the air conditioning outlet. I even readjusted the drop jacks once to divert the water to the back of the van. Would be interesting to see how a curved roof changes that.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
ours is 2010 model so its flat, funny though I was only talking to our dealer yesterday when we went to get our van back, I just happen to mention the one thing that crapped me off was the fact that water always pools on the roof they should have slight curve like the campers, I didn't notice curved on any they had in stock, but wasn't really looking either.

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
2012 here and its definitely curved,,, although little hard to tell in the pic though

IMG_0271.JPG

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
I just looked at mine it has a very slight curve on it, barely noticeable, but a curved roof it is.

March Pickup.

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Mine is curved in! It pools water all around the a/c. But there seems to be a lot of 17's around our vintage that look to have the same troubles........

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Our 2011 has a curve to it but dips in where the wineguard is attached.

I clocked this 17.52 getting predelivered at a dealers recently, dont reckon I would be happy with this type of curving!!!!

Attachments

• Van_bent_roof.JPG
    Van_bent_roof.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 258

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Our 2011 has a curve to it but dips in where the wineguard is attached.

I clocked this 17.52 getting predelivered at a dealers recently, dont reckon I would be happy with this type of curving!!!!

That is exactly what mine is like, it looks like the roof cannot support the weight of the a/c.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Curved roof.yep.got the van back from New roof fitted due Christmas day hail storm.walked inside noticed instantly,convexed allright.got up on the gas bottles looked outside and slight notice curved.not as much as inside though.
Got the LED lighting throughout too,one less mod though will do bed ends though.gave it a wash,now to fill it again and use it.cheers pace.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Pace,

Got to be happy to have the van back.

Interesting you got the LED lighting - Jayco must have finally run out of halogen light fittings :D

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Curved roof.yep.got the van back from New roof fitted due Christmas day hail storm.walked inside noticed instantly,convexed allright.got up on the gas bottles looked outside and slight notice curved.not as much as inside though.
Got the LED lighting throughout too,one less mod though will do bed ends though.gave it a wash,now to fill it again and use it.cheers pace.
Glad to hear van fixed and ready to roll again. Bonus with the LED's. No excuses now for a few more mods!