17' Series Couple of small things

Oct 13, 2012
hi all, we have a 17.56-1 and upon setup I have a fair bit of trouble with the water connection. I always seem to get quite a leak on the connection to the van. Has anyone else had this problem and were they able to fix it with a specific connection? Also, wondering about washing the van, is there a preferred product to use to make sure we maintain the shine of the fibreglass?

Thanks in advance

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hi @Trouble_Within
Haven't had an issue with the water connection yet..... Apart from a few small drips but I'm sure someone on here will have a fix for you!

As for washing it was recommended to us to use a good quality fibreglass boat wash and wax. Used it for 3 years on the previous van (2007 model) and it maintained the shine well with no discolouration or anything :)

Reactions: Racer and bigcol

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I found leaks when connecting 14.44-5 but resolved that witha new click fitting and new slightly thicker 'O' ring on the nipple of the van connector. They do perish or are not the correct size. Need a firm click and sometimes need to rotate it a bit. Now no longer leaks after changes above were made.

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The water inlet arrangement is very cheap and nasty
Agreed. Although our previous 2009 Expanda never leaked during the 5 years we owned it, and new van (touch wood) seems ok on our maiden first night.

I will repeat on the new one what i did on the old van which had the same filler combo box. I disconnected and pulled out the box, cut a piece of 12mm ply with matching holes to attach to the back of the box and siliconed it to the back.

That gave the box much more stability and it was much stronger. There was no flex at all. It no longer felt like i was going to snap something off.

@Trouble_Within it might be worth the gamble and replace the hose connection component of the filler box. Although some leak, many dont.

Reactions: bigcol