Could someone check a warning label fr me please

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
Hi all,

Never noticed it before but when I read a warning label on my Suburban hot water system when looking at the water tank from inside the craven there is a warning sticker that says something about " this unit contains glass wool fibres that are known to cause cancer when using/servicing this unit if inhailed etc"

Could you guys that have a hws system in your expanda check if you have a similar sticker? Mine is a 2011 16.49.3b. I'm assuming this is a generic sticker that they have to use in the US as they are suing each other left right and centre.

Thanks all.
Mike

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
It is to do with the insulation around the tank, if disturbed you should have a mask on to prevent inhaling any of the fibres as they cause a similar effect to asbestosis in the lungs.

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
Ok got the lowdown from the guys at Coast to Coast RV. In the US the tank is insulated with wool type insulation but in Oz that has been removed and replaced with the white compressed foam that you can see when looking a the tank from the inside of the van to conform to Ozs standards. Sticker is generic and there is no fibre or anything nasty in our tanks.

Bloody hell I had thoughts of asbestos flying thru my van

Cheers

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
Yeah I know what you mean, I remember reading the warnings on the bottle and thinking maybe I should think of a substitute product.

Cheers
Mike

Reactions: Xpandafan