Coming up in the World

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi all Grant is my name, Married with a Teenager and a tweenager, been camping as long as I have been driving. Time to move on up from the Camper Trailer which we have enjoyed for last 6 years before that was an Old Jayco Jaylark (so I'm not a Jayco Virgin) and The Canopy on the Back of the Ute /Tents/ swags/ ooh and even a Kombi or 2 before that. Don't mind the odd Caravan park here & there but prefer to be in the Bush more often or not.
The 16.49 3B Outback Expanda is on Order should have it Late Feb Early March (in time for the Long weekend we hope) Going down to the Big Smoke this weekend to finalise the added options .Joined the forums because other forums I am a member of are the best source of un-biased info around, gotta love the internet, stumbled across this forum while google searching for info on whether an oven in ours is a good idea or not. Came to the conclusion that the Microwave will do just nice. Hope to be able to contribute with some useful info when we get our van. Cheers

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum Scollays. It sounds like you really have come up through the ranks but you sure wont regret your latest promotion. Lots of info from a lot of friendly people here on the forum who will all look forward to any contributions you can make. Keep us posted on your travels and we love photos. :drum:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Welcome aboard, I've been made feel most welcome here and I am sure you will too. They are a great bunch of people who love to share their knowledge.

Congrats on the upgrade.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
hi grant and family,you'll get all the info here from australia wide, no probs there, keep tuned for the continuos info till your own expanda arrives.(reading through the no spell check is laugh sometimes too)

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
:welcome: and another vote for the 16's :becky:

As you said there is plenty of useful info on here which will hopefully make your wait quicker :thumb:

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Thanks everyone for you kind welcomes . Went down to the dealers on Saturday to pick the fabrics/ options etc and believe it or not managed to keep the options under control all we ordered was a gas bayonet on the drawbar (saves on taking another gas bottle for the Q) and 16 inch wheels (So they are the same size as the car) .Not like me at all It's usually ooh and one of them and 2 of those oh yeah and put some of them on! haha. Only hiccup was a disagreement on the choice of fabric colours and like a true Aussie Male I laid down on the floor and let her have her way :yield: haha cheers

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
a gas bayonet on the drawbar

Have you considered an additional one towards the rear of the van? It is minimal cost ($90 I think) and gives you the option to use either end and keep out of the wind.

Remember if you add it after delivery the cost will be much higher as you will need a new gas certificate!

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
We are about to finalise our purchase but are waiting for the fabric samples to come in as they can differ from the colour of the emailed version. If you have not seen the samples it may be worth checking with them to ensure they match.
We stumbled across this when looking at the old colours and what looked like a navy was alot lighter in colour.

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Have you considered an additional one towards the rear of the van? It is minimal cost ($90 I think) and gives you the option to use either end and keep out of the wind.

Remember if you add it after delivery the cost will be much higher as you will need a new gas certificate!

Thanks I rang the dealer and asked but he said it was too late all the paperwork had gone through to the factory so I'll see how it goes for a while if it works out that I need one at the back I have a mate who is a plumber I'll run out all the pipes and get him to hook it up and license it Cheers