Starcraft Coleman Mach 8 or ibis airconditioner?

Whittley

Jul 30, 2015
Wa
Hi all

We are at our final stage of sign off on our starcraft 22.68-1 OB and need to decide on an aircon. I would like to know your thoughts on which aircon is better and why. We have seen both good and bad reviews on both which isn't making the decesion any easier.

Any thoughts will be appreciated

Cheers

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Hey there. We have the same van and ours has the Mach8 on it and it has worked extremely well as a heater the couple of times we've used it (don't stay at powered sites very often) and cooled well at home the couple of times we've tried it, doesn't take very long to get to temp at all even on a 0 deg night. The one thing I will say is I find it a little noisy but after the first night it didn't wake us up any longer when it cycled on/off.

Whittley

Jul 30, 2015
Wa
Hi Shane

What temperature was it outside when you tried it? And any ideas what the inside temp went down to?

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi @Whittley . We have the ibis air 2 in our van (wanted the 3 but got told no by the factory....they still had heaps of 2's left obviously). We have used the aircon heaps since we got the van, both here (in coral bay in April) and over east at Chrissy. Plus the heating a couple of times. We are really happy with it. Our guy at jayco originally told us to go with the Coleman, but when we went in for the final sign off, he changed it back to the ibis. Glad he did, as we have heard of the colemans being a bit loud. My brother has the 3 in his new van (not jayco) and he loves it.

Reactions: dagree

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Hi Shane

What temperature was it outside when you tried it? And any ideas what the inside temp went down to?
We've had a couple of 0deg nights, on a recent weekend away it was 10 deg inside the van when we arrived at our destination and the heater had it up to 22deg in 18 minutes and then cycled at about 5 mins on and 15 off to maintain it. I keep a thermometer in the van all the time and the temp fluctuates by only 1 deg as the heater cycles.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We just picked up a 22.68 with a Coleman.. was cold out side this morning around 1.. it fired up and warmed the van up.. blows some cold to start with.. its noisier then the Truma we have in our 17" Starcraft.. Seems only Low and High for fan.
The Truma had a night mode as well which dropped it down. Although I think it cuts out under 3-4 it did for us last year.
The Coleman once running blows warm air the Truma used to start blowing cold then hot then cold sometimes when on limit.

No idea the IBIS though.. we brought a stock van so had no choice.

Whittley

Jul 30, 2015
Wa
Thanks for all the replies guys. It certainly makes me even more confused! Our main concern is the cooling element as those living and travelling in Wa will know how hot it gets.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
We were very happy with ours up in coral bay this Easter. Took our portable one with us...just in case, but that ended up in the older boys tent each night, as we didn't need the extra coldness in the van (Although, I can see the benefit of having 2 like someone on here did, as our van isn't exactly small when expanded.)

Reactions: dagree

Whittley

Jul 30, 2015
Wa
Thanks for that I just realised that you had mentioned the model in your previous post. Sorry