16' Series Cleaning interior covers

Corey Brown

Oct 12, 2015
South australia
Gday everyone i have just finished sealing and repairing water damage in my 2006 expanda. So have gotten rid of that musky smell in van would like to clean cushions and mattress covers and curtains. Have downloaded jayco user manual and the way i read it you are not to remove covers to wash. Wondering if anyone has taken them of. I was only going to hand rinse them not put them in machine i am worried about shrinkage

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Gday everyone i have just finished sealing and repairing water damage in my 2006 expanda. So have gotten rid of that musky smell in van would like to clean cushions and mattress covers and curtains. Have downloaded jayco user manual and the way i read it you are not to remove covers to wash. Wondering if anyone has taken them of. I was only going to hand rinse them not put them in machine i am worried about shrinkage
I did , in my 2009 swan. I would not recommend it. They put the cushions in plastic, vacuum suck it really tiny , put covers on then stab the cushions to break the seal so they fill the covers (which are always slightly too small).
It was a nightmare trying to get them back on, but I did it. The material isn't the best for getting the cushions back in either and it started to unravel. I ended up making new cushion covers. I would get them done professionally, or do a light not too wet spot clean and leave them in the sun for a day to air them.
Good luck