Exterior Centre awning support arm

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hello All,

Well 2nd trip away in the 22.68 down Merimbula found the top screw missing on the centre support arm.
Went to Mitre10 found one a almost the same put it in..
Drove home ok..
Went up to the Annex place in Craigieburn to get the measurements done. Found it missing again I assume somewhere on the Hume or western Ring road :(.
The one under could be hand loosened no grip.
The bottom ones holding the arm again one was loose the other ok.
So removed arm and brackets....Found two sets of holes behind the bottom bracket
Annex guy said he can fix it for me although have a few trips before the Annex is made any one have any ideas. Bigger screws? Silicone. Not sure how I get something behind it.
We booked in for a service end of Nov as well.. I could remove it although 19 foot awning without any support rather leave it

30162-87b096f10a6e296ade70bd801cdd2748.jpg
interesting looking for parts they had a plate as the guy at Aussie wide said he normally seen.

Anyone @relgate @Shane Norwell with a 22 have a plate or just like mine above ?
001477-a90m.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
If the hole centres on the new bracket are different to the existing that might be the "go" @davemc .... Better fix than the pics I posted in the other thread!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
still have the arm so same bracket. The 2nd pic above is a example of what the awning holder kit comes with. So the hole has nothing behind it so now been enlarged screw does not grip anymore.
Hence maybe put a bracket up like your pic
30860-b03893adfa283c8d215e110c7f219cfe.jpg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Ended up redoing ours with white powder coated ali prior to selling...... Looked "almost" original as I did the same to the front arm bracket as the f/glass was showing signs of cracking!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Ended up redoing ours with white powder coated ali prior to selling...... Looked "almost" original as I did the same to the front arm bracket as the f/glass was showing signs of cracking!
yes what annex guy said he do for us.. just thinking I do something myself before trip.
Not sure I like the idea of the 19 foot awning without a support in the middle for a few trips :(

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Our is just the bracket same as yours but funnily enough I was thinking to myself I'd sikaflex a piece of chequer plate under it and I scroll down to a pic of it. And I might even do it to ours just as a precaution now you've raised the issue since I plan on doing more rough roads over the next few years.

Reactions: davemc and dagree

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Is this another case like the table mounts where they don't put any wood into the frame? What about those butterfly screws we used to fix the table mounts?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
thanks @achjimmy Yes thinking that around 4am this morning :) push through so hold it on although need to find one that can stand the outdoors. All the ones have are for pushing through plaster.
Did think push a a wall plug in there and use the existing screws so it hopefully expand and hold it in?