Exterior Carrying outdoor tables around

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
I remember seeing a post where someone had mounted some hardware to the back fild up bed which held one of those blow moulded tables when travelling. I'm sure I can dig the link up with a bit of searching.

How does everyone cart their outdoor tables around? I am trying to keep the interior of the van in good nic and prefer everything to have it's place when travelling.

Aside from the above solution, where do you store your table when travelling?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
And, me being lazy, a coward and not really good with a drill....I opted to carry tables and chairs in the back of the vehicle. They fit well and have their own tie downs for safety.

They sit easily on top of the drawers ...or can be carried on the back seat area. I'm somewhat fussy and everything must have a designated spot for packing. They can easily be accessed when hitched as both doors open without hitting anything.

but I liked the other idea...just never got around to doing it.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I bought one of th first hard lids in 2008 and shortly afterwards carried my table (and bench seats) on the underside of the folded up bed as you've seen. Travelled 5 years like that with no problem. And not as fancy as some of the setups I've seen since.

Reactions: bigcol

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
One of the selling points for us with the New Age was the ability to store stuff under the lid thanks to the inset bed frame. Not really relevant I suppose to how to carry them on a Jayco! When we had our Expanda, the table tended to live in either the car or inside on the bunks.

photo 2 (2).JPG

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
Forgot to comment on my above pics, this has worked well for me for years now. Don't need to take off if not needed, just folds down with bed. All inexpensive parts at Bunnings, took not even an hour to install. we were at Culburra C.P. Australia day long weekend and there was an expanda parked in a row behind us with the same mod. Said to wife , he must be on the forum, look at all his mods. table holder, spares mounted under the back, alloy toolbox on the front. Had to go and ask and yes he is on the forum.

Reactions: bigcol and Macca_75