Exterior Caravan covers

Doug

Jun 3, 2015
Leeming / Perth
Hi everyone,

We have a Jayco expanda poptop 16.49-3 and would like to get a cover for it. What is the best size to go for? 14-16ft or 16 to 18ft? I have heard of people saying the 16 - 18ft covers are too big. Which brand cover would last 3 years or so ,Unearth, ADCO, Camec, Prestige or other brands? Any help on this one would be appreciated.

Thanks
Doug

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
We had the Prestige 16 - 18ft one on our 16.49.3 and it fitted well. Front actually covered the gas bottles also. Lasted only 2 years in full sun though!

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
Last I bought of ebay for a 16 - 18ft. Lasted 4 years and fitted over the gas bottles etc. Pretty good after being exposed all the time.

Doug

Jun 3, 2015
Leeming / Perth
Thanks for your replies. I may have found a way to bypass the caravan cover problem. I have a garage which is big enough but not high enough to get the expanda in. I have now found a product called easy park wheels which lower the van height by about 200mm which should get me the lowered clearance needed. Just have to replace the normal wheels when going on a trip which I consider not too much of a hassle.

Reactions: dagree

DazFamily

May 26, 2015
Caloundra
Thanks for your replies. I may have found a way to bypass the caravan cover problem. I have a garage which is big enough but not high enough to get the expanda in. I have now found a product called easy park wheels which lower the van height by about 200mm which should get me the lowered clearance needed. Just have to replace the normal wheels when going on a trip which I consider not too much of a hassle.
Doug had the same issue with van access on side of home but those wheels are pretty exxy so found some old sunrasias $20 went down to the local tyre guys and fitted some used 45 profile tyres and perfect, better than 200 plus and works a treat.

Doug

Jun 3, 2015
Leeming / Perth
Doug had the same issue with van access on side of home but those wheels are pretty exxy so found some old sunrasias $20 went down to the local tyre guys and fitted some used 45 profile tyres and perfect, better than 200 plus and works a treat.

What reduction in height did you end up with. Was considering using wheel dollys rated to 900kg each. That way I can move it in any direction with ease.

DazFamily

May 26, 2015
Caloundra
Doug ended up with around 70mm extra to play with which is what i needed and did the job, just pull the rattle gun out when going somewhere and put the wheels back on takes around 15 mins or so.