Can we have too many.....and things we see on the road

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
How to move cars in China, 20 on each truck!!

Attachments

• IMG_3106.JPG
    IMG_3106.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 479

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Unfortunately I didn't manage to snap a photo on this (or perhaps fortunately).
Iwas in India a few weeks back, and was sitting in a car returning to my hotel from the plant. This was a "major" road in Chennai,
and looking out the window, I saw a elderly man on the verge of the road squatting down on his haunches. What struck me as unusual was he was dressed in what can only be describled as rags, but he was busy texting on his mobile phone. Interesting priorities....
Upon further inspection, I realized why this guy was squatting......he was backing one out! Right there on the side of a busy road with people every where, no-one giving him a second glance.
What a country, extreme poverty, non existant sewerage system, but very high mobile phone ownership.......

Reactions: blacky

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Its a bit like that here out of the cities (currently in China working) but I have refused a couple of trips to India over the years, and probably will in the future. My Sister in law was in India a while back, a lady offerd her her child, SIL declined and the woman asked if the child was not pretty enough, SIL burst into tears. Sometimes we need to come across these things to appreciate what we have.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
My sister was in India at the start of year, and experienced both of the above frequently. She was absolutely astounded how people would just stop in the street and let go - men and women. She too was offered many children. She came so depressed over the experience....

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Don't think "liking" your posts is quite the right thing, but they do resonate with me @DRW and @straydingo.
Did a bit of work in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, and the story is familiar. Returned to Pakistan a few years back after the earthquake and was visiting an orphanage when this little boy took my hand and walked everywhere with me, never said a word. Was hard to let go. Think about that when my biggest issue is tuning the TV in my Expanda.
image.jpg

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
I had a local back one out in the middle of the Main Street at Meekatharra, walked in front of the car forcing me to stop, then squated, did her bit and left.

Reactions: blacky

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Don't think "liking" your posts is quite the right thing, but they do resonate with me @DRW and @straydingo.
Did a bit of work in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, and the story is familiar. Returned to Pakistan a few years back after the earthquake and was visiting an orphanage when this little boy took my hand and walked everywhere with me, never said a word. Was hard to let go. Think about that when my biggest issue is tuning the TV in my Expanda.
View attachment 16932

Great photo!

Reactions: Xpandafan

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I saw these to over the last 2 weeks, both Honda Crv's

This had over 700kg of wine in the back, he asked what I thought o_O I followed it up the road and you could smell rubber, maybe it was from the front wheels trying to get traction
151.jpg

Then I spotted this one and on the :cell:, and black ones can do it too :der:
350.jpg