Camps Map

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all,

Looking at the caravan park reviews forum there is some really great information in there but sometimes it can be a bit tricky to find some where to visit.

We have implemented a new map system which shows you all of the places people have reviewed on an interactive map and you can see if there is a cost associated as well as click through to the review page.

Currently its 80% complete with the reviews we have received on the site.

Moving forward we will continue to add to the map and we are looking at ways to improve the system.

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/pages/camps/

Hope you like it.... :behindsofa:

Reactions: Wanda

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
That's impressive Expanda! What a great idea. I know we'll be using the map system for sure.
Brilliant!!!

Reactions: expanda

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Wow!!! What a great resource. Well done Expand and teamwowed will definitely use this when planning our longer trips. Fantastic!!!

Reactions: expanda

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Wow!!! What a great resource. Well done Expand and teamwowed will definitely use this when planning our longer trips. Fantastic!!!

Good to hear!!!

Make sure you submit reviews of the places you go so we can keep the map growing :)

Great idea expanda that certainly makes finding somewhere to stay a lot easier. Job well done !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Chooky...

Glad you like it!

Reactions: Chooky

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
This is a brilliant idea expanda...

Glad you like!

Best bit is it is coming from everyone's reviews so its good to know if it is Expanda friendly or not.

Will need to get a template running for the review forum so we can add a bit more detail but its a good start and it seems like everyone likes it so will fine tune it over the coming weeks.

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Hi all,

Looking at the caravan park reviews forum there is some really great information in there but sometimes it can be a bit tricky to find some where to visit.

We have implemented a new map system which shows you all of the places people have reviewed on an interactive map and you can see if there is a cost associated as well as click through to the review page.

Currently its 80% complete with the reviews we have received on the site.

Moving forward we will continue to add to the map and we are looking at ways to improve the system.

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/pages/camps/

Hope you like it.... :behindsofa:

Thanks Expanda and team, great idea and looking forward to using it in the future.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Glad you like!

Best bit is it is coming from everyone's reviews so its good to know if it is Expanda friendly or not.

Will need to get a template running for the review forum so we can add a bit more detail but its a good start and it seems like everyone likes it so will fine tune it over the coming weeks.

Template is a great idea. Maybe with a checklist to tick off features I no longer crave or notice (jumping pillow, playground, etc) or need such as "mothers room". Mrs XF commented on the latter where we are currently propped for the night at Wimmera Lakes Caravan Resort, a few clicks on the Melbourne side of Horsham. Bit dry and dusty underfoot (its still drought here after all) but good size (length & width) sites Some with shade and a few dedicated drive thru's. $30 for two. Our Expanda is still hitched to the Pathie and fits in with just the front bed end open and room for another van beside us. There's a 6.5m Seaview/LC combo doing likewise. Parked beside your van as normal these sites would accommodate the largest of rigs. Full swag of spotless amenities, great pool and pillow and mini- golf. Staff friendly and easy going. Just off Hwy but road noise not too bad.
We don't have a dog, but I think it's also pet friendly.
PS
There's also Horsham Jayco just up the road - guy here had a minor problem with his Jayco, disappeared with van in tow about 3.00pm and was back with everything fixed in half an hour.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi expanda, Can't seem to be able to see the map on the IPad or IPhone when traveling. I can see it ok on the laptop. Is there an issue with the previous 2? Thanks HM Ps reckon the map is a great idea - good stuff

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi expanda, Can't seem to be able to see the map on the IPad or IPhone when traveling. I can see it ok on the laptop. Is there an issue with the previous 2? Thanks HM Ps reckon the map is a great idea - good stuff
Same with me on the iPad. No map but I can see a million flagged sites.