17' Series Bubbles appeared on front bed hard top

Micod

Mar 30, 2011
Hello, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I am preparing our 18 month old van for our next trip when i noticed approx 5 blisters / bubbles on the front hard lid. These were not there when i recently polished it approx a month ago. The van has had its cover on and is stored in its usual place since owning it. When I press the bubbles they do not seem to move (like blistered paint ones do) but instead seem hard but nevertheless raised. (please see photos). Under the lid there is not an indentation, but seems flat!
Has anyone had a similiar issue with theirs or know of some one that has???? Surely the fibrglass lasts more than 6 months past the factory warranty??? The hard lid is designed to face the hot sun when in use so what could this be and why would it be happening? Will it get worse, does it attention early etc etc??
Thankyou, James.

Attachments

• P1000737.JPG
    P1000737.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 293
  • P1000738.JPG
    P1000738.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 299
  • P1000739.JPG
    P1000739.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 265

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
There is a few that have experienced the same problem and it is known to Jayco as they get replaced. Notify your dealer with what has happened :thumb: Even out of warranty I would be pursuing it.

I was a lucky one and have never had this problem

Micod

Mar 30, 2011
There is a few that have experienced the same problem and it is known to Jayco as they get replaced. Notify your dealer with what has happened :thumb: Even out of warranty I would be pursuing it.

I was a lucky one and have never had this problem

Thanks cruza driver. I will be pursuing it through the dealer. 6 months out of warranty or not!

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Just looked at mine, I have bubbles on both the front and rear bed ends. Still in warranty so I will be insisting on new lids for me.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Will be seeing the dealer tomorrow.
Will take some photos and take them in so he can see the bubbles, don't really want to take the van in just for him to look at the bubble and tell me it will take a couple of weeks to get the lids in.
Will let you know how things go.

satyoga

Aug 3, 2011
Sunshine Coast
Yes we have had our front lid replaced twice in 12 months under warranty for the bubbles.
Not sure why it does it or if it is really an issue.
Good luck with Jayco, they were great under warranty.
Takes a few weeks to get it in.
Waiting to see if it happens again.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Looks like I am now a member of the Hard Lid bubble brigade also.
My front lid has a bubble in it. I would have sworn it was not there yesterday. Now I have a bubble measuring 150mm across!!

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Saw my Jayco dealer today, with out question or even wanting to see the van he agreed to repairing the lids and shower.

He did say that Jayco HQ is not back on deck until the 21st and it probably wont be until early march that repairs will be done.

He said that he heard of these issues and was aware of what needed doing.

A positive outcome would think.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Saw my Jayco dealer today, with out question or even wanting to see the van he agreed to repairing the lids and shower.

He did say that Jayco HQ is not back on deck until the 21st and it probably wont be until early march that repairs will be done.

He said that he heard of these issues and was aware of what needed doing.

A positive outcome would think.

Nice work Mick

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Add me to member list for bubbles. Got a heap in the front lid and 1 in the back lid. Told the dealer and asked him just to order the front lid. They have documented the back lid and I will eventually get that replaced. Both lids are covered by warranty.
Cheers
Deano

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
No Bubbles on the lids here for now - BUT - on inspecting the roof yesterday, I have a few on the roof of our 16.49.1...

Booked in for first service next week so I'll ask them to check it out