BT 50 Stud Pattern

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Just curious, is the current BT50 stud pattern the same as the one Jayco use! To me it looks the same, not sure about offset and I know tyres and rim sizes will be totally different? I am sure some BT50 guru here will know!

Cheers Geoff

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Bt50 and Ranger stud patterns are the same as the jayco, the offset is all wrong, together with the centre hub size being larger on the jayco.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Interesting and I must check our WnP for pitch circle, stud size & offset.. Prior to ordering this van I directly contacted Jayco and gave them the specs for the Ranger rims and asked if they would provide stub axle's of the same pattern and I would provide the rims and tyres. Answer initially was a NO, you get what we provide as standard. I've just checked some old emails and they did later on offer this "We are able to go to a 265/70R16 6 stud with a pcd of 139.7mm". They subsequently fitted 245/70R16 6 stud rims/tyres. Until this topic posting I hadn't bothered to check it out again. I believe that the Ranger is a pcd of 139.7, so on that basis unless the offset causes problems maybe they can be interchanged. Not possible for me to confirm for a couple of days but I certainly want to find out for sure.

Phil

Last edited:

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I just wanted to know in case of an emergency where I needed to use one or the other to get me 10 k's or so up the road. Looking at my BT50 wheel, it would fill the whole wheel well. It looks huge compared to the Jayco.