17' Series Break away towing system help

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Hi all again :) we have our wireless part plugged into lighter in the car but it's not beeping when we turn engine on like it says it should, is there something we are missing? Tia :)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Not sure about the beeping when turning the vehicle on @Crazyfun ... What I suggest is to plug the van in to power up the breakaway system and pull the pin. The remote unit should beep continuously if it is working correctly.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Check the unit inside your van. Picked our van up on 17/12/14 and after a week we couldn't get it to stop beeping. The battery was low. now the main battery is dead but the internal keeps beeping away. (We drove without it plugged in obviously). (Plus our esc must have loose wiring as the lights come on and off when it feels like it for seconds at a time).

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
Just have a quick check of pin 2 in your car and plug
Most of the problems we encounter are at the car side takes about 1 min to test the van if you don't find anything

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hi all again :) we have our wireless part plugged into lighter in the car but it's not beeping when we turn engine on like it says it should, is there something we are missing? Tia :)

Yeah I had this a couple of times. Just plug it into the cig lighter in the van and press the sync button on the main unit to reset it. Have had to do it twice but it seems all good now

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree

Crazyfun

Jun 26, 2014
Finally got around to trying it out. It beeps when the pin in pulled but not when you first turn on car, guess that means it works

Reactions: dagree

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi @Crazyfun, I had the same concern with my breakaway receiver, as it beeped when the dealer took me through when we picked up the van, but would never beep again.

When I took it in for its first service, they checked and apparently it only beeps the first time you connect it, and not after that.

I think its a stupid design, as there is no light or beep to confirm that it is working, so you have no idea that its going to work or not.

They told me the only way to test it is to pull out the breakaway cable and check that it beeps.