Electrical Brake Magnet polarity

VDJ200R

Jan 19, 2014
Perth
Hi guys, can anyone tell me weather brake magnets have a + and - as both wires out of the backing plate are green. Or does it not matter which is which ?
Thanks
Jason

MickL

Feb 28, 2016
SA
I'm pretty sure with electric brakes it doesn't matter which wire and your just creating a circuit but maybe confirm that with someone that's certain!

I did have issues with mine on my last van and was told its important to run decent cable from plug to brakes (I was told 6mm cable) and I was also told to run a feed from plug to each wheel or set of wheels separately not loop from one to the next. I did that and had no further issues.

VDJ200R

Jan 19, 2014
Perth
I'm pretty sure with electric brakes it doesn't matter which wire and your just creating a circuit but maybe confirm that with someone that's certain!

I did have issues with mine on my last van and was told its important to run decent cable from plug to brakes (I was told 6mm cable) and I was also told to run a feed from plug to each wheel or set of wheels separately not loop from one to the next. I did that and had no further issues.

Thanks thought that was the case.
Cheers
Jason