Electrical Blinking LED side and stop lamps.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
When I connect my 2012 expanda to my 2014 RG Colorado, the outside lights on the van blink slightly. I have been to Holden and Auto Elec, both blame each other. My work around for a year has been to drive with parkers on so no big deal, it just annoys me. I have towed with my work BT 50 and no problem. Both cars wired by same guy and both using the same Tekoshna P3 (interchanges between cars).

The Holden came with a factory loom with 7 pin, auto elec swapped plug to 12 pin to suit jayco. I have been tempted to fit the ford ranger led adaptor loom but the Holden guy said do so at your own risk. I presume it is a load issue with the led lights, just wondering if anyone has had the same problem?

Cheers Geoff

Zimbo

Feb 28, 2015
Perth
I'd go with dodgy work from Holden - electrical load from LED lights would be near nothing in comparison to regular lights. Sorry - bought a new Captiva from Holden a couple of years back had issues & nothing but don't be rude poor service from Holden dealership needless to say i'll never buy another vehicle from Holden. Don't get me wrong I know both the Captiva & Colorado are not Holden.

Hope you get it sorted

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
LED brake lights blink with my BT50, its not a issue for me as I drive with my headlights on and while the tail lights are on you cant see the brake lights flashing (once ever 10secs). If it does get to you though Narva sell load resisters that will fix the problem.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I'd go with dodgy work from Holden - electrical load from LED lights would be near nothing in comparison to regular lights. Sorry - bought a new Captiva from Holden a couple of years back had issues & nothing but don't be rude poor service from Holden dealership needless to say i'll never buy another vehicle from Holden. Don't get me wrong I know both the Captiva & Colorado are not Holden.

Hope you get it sorted
Nothing will be Holden soon!