Big Day

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Tomorrow is the big day, Boots. Pick up the new van !!:bounce: Try and wipe the smile off his face :dance:

Good luck, Mate I hope all goes well and will have to come around for a look when all is settled.

Paul

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Tomorrow is the big day, Boots. Pick up the new van !!:bounce: Try and wipe the smile off his face :dance:

Good luck, Mate I hope all goes well and will have to come around for a look when all is settled.

Paul

Hi Paul
Good to catch up with you today, with our new toy parked out front. Can't wait to get away and try it all out. We have a few minor issues to get sorted and no doubt will find a few more in time. two of the issues are the same as Moto Moto... Different keys for the hatches (is this standard for jayco) seems silly not to be keyed alike. and the numberplate hidden by the bike rack but will get an extra plate to fix that. I also am not impressed with the position of the waste water outlet, it points straight down to the ground behind the rh wheel. seems to be very vunerable hanging down there it should be an easy fix if it lasts to first service. The only other thing I will need to do is fit a weight distribution hitch and probably a 25mm hitch lifter as the pander has pulled the back of the terry down without it. All very minor stuff so delighted at this stage. pictures below

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpgpic5.jpgpic6.jpg

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Looks great Shane. We also have 4 different keys for front boot, bed lid, toilet hatch and front door so, yes, I guess it is a Jayco standard. And the waste pipe does hang down behind the wheel on all of them although on ours, there is two. We are jealous of the window over the kitchen, we just have a blank wall.

It looks like the boys have made themselves at home, shirt and shoes scattered around in typical fashion. :alien:

Good to meet up with you (again) and look forward to some pix of trips away.:wave:

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Thanks everyone for your comments and yes it has been very exciting for us, doubly so as this is our first van. I have added a few more pics of the van going into it's new shed (Now officially named "Panda House" ) It's a pretty good fit and with the bed folding out over the draw bar we are able to fold it out and pop the roof with room to spare. :) This brings me to another question... should I leave it open or is it better to close it down if not in use for a while? Got the power plugged in and fridge on to give it a test and have now fitted a 100ah battery for power while away from 240v. Haven't had a chance to fit the Kakadu Annexe yet might leave that till our first trip, for those who haven't put up an a Kakadu before ( like me) there is a good demo on youtube to show how. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRmKRlf0wKA just as well as i have already forgoten most of what the Jayco guy told me. :doh: Hey Moto I went to clark rubber and got some of that egg overlay for the bedding and you are right it makes it very comfy, thanks for the tip. Been to Bunnings and got some car carpet for the front boot to stop things slipping around and some checkerplate rubber for the back boot. Now we just have to decide where to go for the maiden voyage.... at this stage i think it will be Bigriggin out at Rathdowney http://www.bigriggen.com.au/index.htm Most of those living in South East Qld will know of it. It is set in about 300 Acres of grassland with lots of trees, bordered by a creek which is great for swimming in summer and best of all you can have open campfires.. no better way to finish off a day than around a fire. Hey Chartrock now that i have the beast in the shed we will have to catch up for coffee before you get away on you wa odysey.

pic7.jpg
gently does it

pic8.jpg
all squared away

pic9.jpg
popped up and fridge on. Even managed to fit the old box trailer back in :)

pic10.jpg
overlay on... had to buy it for the bunk beds too or risk a mutiny

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
What can i say boots, looks bloody awsome:rockon:

Bet you can't wipe the smile off your face. I'm glad some of my tips helped. Trust me the egg sheel foam is worth it:sleep:

How did you go with the lights, did they give you LED's?

I had big issues with the number plate last week (as posted elsewhere), in NSW you can't have a bike rack number plate on trailers/caravans, so the dealer is working on a solution. Bit of a shocker there.

Another tip for you, the lift up flaps under the dinette seats seem to pop out. That is, the hinges were pop rivetted in to the ply:mmph:, so today i replaced most of them with little bolts. Much better.

Enough complaining, i love the damn thing really.

Enjoy your first trip away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
What can i say boots, looks bloody awsome:rockon:

Bet you can't wipe the smile off your face. I'm glad some of my tips helped. Trust me the egg sheel foam is worth it:sleep:

How did you go with the lights, did they give you LED's?

I had big issues with the number plate last week (as posted elsewhere), in NSW you can't have a bike rack number plate on trailers/caravans, so the dealer is working on a solution. Bit of a shocker there.

Another tip for you, the lift up flaps under the dinette seats seem to pop out. That is, the hinges were pop rivetted in to the ply:mmph:, so today i replaced most of them with little bolts. Much better.

Enough complaining, i love the damn thing really.

Enjoy your first trip away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Moto

yep still smiling, now just got to figure a way to give up work a bit sooner :)
No luck on the LED front I am afraid. As you may recall mine was bought at the Brissy show so what was in it was it. Kinda glad though after what some said in the other thread about the led lights they were using not being very good. week switches etc. Not a prob I will do as chartrock and others have done and get them from ebay. On that subject does anyone know if they are T10 wedge bulbs or something else?

I will now check with our motor registry here in Qld to see if this is the same up here. What lamebrain reason did they give for it to be alright behind a car but not a caravan.

are you talking about the ply covers that go over the battery etc. if so ours dont have hinges at all they just lift out. made it easy to fit the battery.

Yep I really think Jayco have hit the mark with the 14.44-4 for families with a couple of kids who don't need a big van. very glad we got one.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Yep I really think Jayco have hit the mark with the 14.44-4 for families with a couple of kids who don't need a big van. very glad we got one.

Spot on mate, perfect small family van!

I have hinged ply flaps above the drawers under the dinette seats, must be a little different to yours. No hinges = no problems.
LED's from ebay are the way to go, i did that with my old Hawk, can't remember the type or seller though. Maybe someone else can help there.

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
The LED lights your talking about are the T10 36 SMD LED Light Festoon Dome Bulb Lamp White 12V from Ebay they are $2.99 each with free postage.

boots33

Jun 25, 2011

Hey Moto
Just got off the phone with Queensland Transport and they tell me I will have no problems getting an accessory plate for the van bike rack, cost is a one time charge of $65 application forms available at all service centers.

boots

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hey Moto
Just got off the phone with Queensland Transport and they tell me I will have no problems getting an accessory plate for the van bike rack, cost is a one time charge of $65 application forms available at all service centers.

boots

Good on ya mate.

I'm still waiting on an answer:frusty: