NSW Best coastal park between newcastle and coffs

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hello my NSW friends, Looking for a really nice park on the water between Newcastle and coffs, for three nights after Easter, on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Any recommendations. Thx Jas

RidgePanda

Mar 5, 2013
Barden Ridge
Agree Seal Rocks, Crescent Head, also consider Hat Head, its a little out of the way, also Trial Bay Goal (5 minute from South West Rocks)

We'll be at Harrington Big 4 last one east, leave town gone too far, in the last powered site east BTW) which is on the water as there is no van park at Crowdy Head which is pretty much where we hang for most of the day. Wife likes it for fishin me likes it for surfin - compromise :becky:

Reactions: Holden_man

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi Holden Man,
We love Crescent Head for the location and the surf. Creek is great too for the kids.
The park is nice and staff are lovely but the sites are small, very small...... The park is split in 2 sections surf side and creek side. Both have pro's and cons! But we like surf side where the sites are bigger and you don't feel so cramped. But creek side have nicely renovated amenities and if you're lucky you can get a site with creek views.
Great bowling club and pub, perfect for Arvo drinks and a meal when you don't feel like cooking. Basic shops with bakery, butcher, mini mart, bottle shop etc.
Would like to try south west rocks too, have heard very good things, meant to be better for fishing than surfing though, so have to convince my surf addicted husband that he'll have to drive a short distance to get his daily surf fix.
Horseshoe bay is another one worth looking into that is on our list.

Reactions: Holden_man

greggels

Aug 2, 2012
Sunshine Coast
Hey Holden Man, depends what you are looking for, we spent a week at http://www.northcoastholidayparks.com.au/our_parks/north_beach_holiday_park/
it was nice and quiet, good facilities, right on beach, short walk through the dunes, can drive on beach north of the town and south of the surf club, great food at the bowls club, we paid $201 for 7 nights. located about 20 mins south of Coffs
Cheers Greg

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Thanks folks for your help, have sent off enquiries to south west rocks, crescent head, and north beach. Will see how I go. Thanks heaps for the advice. Jas

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yeah mate, up to manning point, also a great spot between Newy and Coffs, beach one side, river the other.....enjoy your trip Hm :)

cheers.

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hey Burnsy, have you been to Blacksmith's Beach CP and if so what do you think of it, being from your neighbour hood I'd value your opinion.
Thanks

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey Burnsy, have you been to Blacksmith's Beach CP and if so what do you think of it, being from your neighbour hood I'd value your opinion.
Thanks

Hi mate, have only visited not stayed. Didn't get the chance to have a good look around much but what I saw looked ok. The waterfront sites are very open and the day we were there was very windy, but I guess you get that with waterfront. I think 2 nights would be enough there, but I'd prefer Swansea CP just down the road, beautiful waterfront sites there and a reserve between water and sites to block any wind, still with an awesome outlook and the kids can run amuck!
We've been there a few times now and it's only 25min away :)

cheers.

Reactions: gwadir

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Thanks for that Burnsy, much appreciated, Jackie is trying to find a place for us to go next January during the school hol's.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
No worries mate, you won't be disappointed with Swansea but make sure you book a waterfront site well in advance as they are very popular, ensuit sites also available, the pool is very nice and only fairly new too, only one bad point is the sand flies so bring the bushmans but they only seem to like me!