Best brand of annex

Peakay

May 14, 2013
Ballarat
Our local dealer sells carefree annexes but after looking at a few threads on here they seem to be less than the best available. I'm going to ask them tomorrow when I order a 20.63 if they can supply a different brand. Soooo the question is what brand do I go for?
  • Bartlett
  • holiday annexes
  • Tebbs
  • kakadu annexes

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi there Peakay,
Just wanted to add one more to your list, Australia Wide Annexes!
We have their new 'ultimate clear annex' and absolutely love it! It's the best of both worlds, bottom 1/3 is vinyl, top 2/3 is canvas, looks a million bucks and great quality!

Peakay

May 14, 2013
Ballarat
Cheers Thanks Lara. We ended up with the Bartlett annex.

I put my naivety on here for the world to see as the threads were actually about the carefree awnings not the annexes :doh:

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
390734584.874901.jpg

Prestige Jayco (Geelong) actually make a reasonable annexe, but if you have the roll out awning maybe consider adding just a sunblocker and an end screen for starters. Works for us.

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Does the standard annexe that jaycos come with have a track on the end of them to slide a sun blocker on or do u have to install a track

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We`ve got a Bartlett annexe Peakay very happy with it very good quality and supporting the locals, just ask for them to put a door in the rear wall aswell i think it cost an extra $70-90 but very handy to have.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
View attachment 13990
Prestige Jayco (Geelong) actually make a reasonable annexe, but if you have the roll out awning maybe consider adding just a sunblocker and an end screen for starters. Works for us.

You had to be camping in Melbourne in this shot, where else would you have an umbrella hanging on the door stop with the sun shinning in the back ground. LOL. Pace.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Prestige for me also! Hey Xpandafan, I like the look of those chairs mate, where were they from?
No brand that I recall, Burnsy. Chinese imports no doubt, but real comfy and wearing surprising well. Covers slip off and get packed inside van. Frames fold up and go in front hatch. They were about $40 ea I think. An impulse purchase when picking up rectangular table purchased on eBay. Company was Lee's Wharehouse (leeswarehouse3190). Place sells all sorts of stuff. Also got the blue annexe flooring from them.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
No brand that I recall, Burnsy. Chinese imports no doubt, but real comfy and wearing surprising well. Covers slip off and get packed inside van. Frames fold up and go in front hatch. They were about $40 ea I think. An impulse purchase when picking up rectangular table purchased on eBay. Company was Lee's Wharehouse (leeswarehouse3190). Place sells all sorts of stuff. Also got the blue annexe flooring from them.

Thanks mate!

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Xpandafan Whats that you say XF ''that i recall'', is that retired language. LOL. Cheeky Bugger Pace.

I forget what it's called, but I might have that thing where you don't remember...Welcome to the forum, Cheeky Bugger Pace...:welcome:
...you know, you young people have it all to easy, these days. Used to have in an old ACT Consort camper trailer when I was your age. Lovely orange decor. Had to lift each corner up by hand me self. Seating for a dozen inside. Bugger all in the way of cupboards, didnt have to go looking for stuff. No fancy fibreglass to bubble and an Annexe that weighed more than me. Toilet was a shovel. Towed with a L300 4x4. Nothing soft about us old timers. Only hot water was what I got into with Mrs XF. CP's got an extra star in those days for a light globe in the toilet block. Free Camping just meant camping. The best mods involved army surplus stuff (that the Army had actually declared surplus). The "Weber" was a Furphy camp oven...ah! The Good Old Days!

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
I forget what it's called, but I might have that thing where you don't remember...Welcome to the forum, Cheeky Bugger Pace...:welcome:
...you know, you young people have it all to easy, these days. Used to have in an old ACT Consort camper trailer when I was your age. Lovely orange decor. Had to lift each corner up by hand me self. Seating for a dozen inside. Bugger all in the way of cupboards, didnt have to go looking for stuff. No fancy fibreglass to bubble and an Annexe that weighed more than me. Toilet was a shovel. Towed with a L300 4x4. Nothing soft about us old timers. Only hot water was what I got into with Mrs XF. CP's got an extra star in those days for a light globe in the toilet block. Free Camping just meant camping. The best mods involved army surplus stuff (that the Army had actually declared surplus). The "Weber" was a Furphy camp oven...ah! The Good Old Days!

Mate, did you have a bad afternoon nap or something. LOL. Cheeky Bugger Pace.

Reactions: Xpandafan and Lara