16' Series Bed end lights??

David Johnson

Jul 29, 2015
Ravenswood, WA
Hi people i just brought a 2007 expanda and noticed that the Bed end lights have a plug in it as well looks like an 8mm jack plug the ones like on ear phones.
dose anybody what they are used for or what you can use them for??

Thanks
David

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
The van came with an extra light/fan unit that plugged in to those ones with a lead and could be placed somewhere on the hockey stick.

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
Yeap - there should be another set of similar looking light that plug into the lights located under the front an rear high level cupboards

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Welcome @David Johnson. The older vans came with lights very similar to your roof mounted lights but they had plastic clips on the them to attach them to you bed end roof support, know as the hockey stick. The lights have their own on and off switch and plugged via a curly cable into that "head phone" jack in the adjacent light

The more recent camper and Expandas come with a similar setup, but its a fan light combo, but still attaches to the hockey stick.

The older ones are around $30 and are still available
500-05008.jpg 3aa3afab-e20c-bb0d.jpg
and the newer ones around $65
gallery_picture_1990.jpg

We have a roof light under the overhead cabinet adjacent to the bed anyway, and initially I thought the same as @relgate regarding the fan and just left it the cupboard. Princess Crusty found it one balmy evening, attached it to the hockey stick and turned it on. We both were pretty impressed with it and we used regularly, but as @relgate said I think if the van didn't come with it I wouldn't be buying one, and for $65 I likely spend another $60 and opt up to the 12v Sirocco fan because its very efficient and quieter. We don't require a light in the bed, but the kids might find it useful.

David Johnson

Jul 29, 2015
Ravenswood, WA
Welcome @David Johnson. The older vans came with lights very similar to your roof mounted lights but they had plastic clips on the them to attach them to you bed end roof support, know as the hockey stick. The lights have their own on and off switch and plugged via a curly cable into that "head phone" jack in the adjacent light

The more recent camper and Expandas come with a similar setup, but its a fan light combo, but still attaches to the hockey stick.

The older ones are around $30 and are still available
View attachment 34284 View attachment 34283
and the newer ones around $65
View attachment 34282

We have a roof light under the overhead cabinet adjacent to the bed anyway, and initially I thought the same as @relgate regarding the fan and just left it the cupboard. Princess Crusty found it one balmy evening, attached it to the hockey stick and turned it on. We both were pretty impressed with it and we used regularly, but as @relgate said I think if the van didn't come with it I wouldn't be buying one, and for $65 I likely spend another $60 and opt up to the 12v Sirocco fan because its very efficient and quieter. We don't require a light in the bed, but the kids might find it useful.

Thanks
For your help guys