Just Browsing BBQ in Front Boot

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hi All,

While we wait for our 18' to be available in November, I'm spending my time on this website trawling through all your posts and wasting a lot of time, "according to my wife" anyway!
I remember seeing a post regarding fitting a BBQ in the front boot, which is only 330mm wide.
Can someone please point me in the right direction to find that post, or alternatively let me know if you know of a bbq that does fit in this small opening.

Also, those who do carry their bbq in the front boot, do you get stale bbq smells getting into the caravan via the front bed/mattress hatch?

Thanks

Peter

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hi All,

While we wait for our 18' to be available in November, I'm spending my time on this website trawling through all your posts and wasting a lot of time, "according to my wife" anyway!
I remember seeing a post regarding fitting a BBQ in the front boot, which is only 330mm wide.
Can someone please point me in the right direction to find that post, or alternatively let me know if you know of a bbq that does fit in this small opening.

Also, those who do carry their bbq in the front boot, do you get stale bbq smells getting into the caravan via the front bed/mattress hatch?

Thanks

Peter
cant help with bbq but my wife says we used to sit on couch together but not any more so shes on face ache and im on here

Stevie No Issues

May 29, 2014
Geelong
My hatch is just over 500 wide and I fitted a Neo Buddy permanently on slides as in the picture. It just fits with a few mm to spare. At 330 wide you will struggle to find a BBQ narrow enuf.
DSC_0140-2.jpg

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
We have a sizzler delux 2 as well and store in our boot with no probs with smell. Great BBQ cook most things in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 295
Reactions: Delano and relgate

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
We have a sizzler delux 2 as well and store in our boot with no probs with smell. Great BBQ cook most things in it.
Thanks Tone.
I looked at a few bbq's and a few were 340mm wide, as with this one you've mentioned.
So fitting a 340mm bbq's into a 330mm hole was going to be a struggle.

But.........

You are a genius!

I just realised that you moved the handle to the top to fit it in!!!

Great idea. Thanks Tone.

Peter

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Webber Q fits in ours. We only use bbq on bigger trips and clean end of trip. Smells can always be disguised...especially with bed above it...noise is another thing

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I did originally have mine in the front box I fitted

now the Weber sits with the chairs under the table while stored or moving

whats wrong with the fragrance of Bacon in the Van.........???

Reactions: dagree

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
It was made by the same people who make the bbq. There should be a puc etc on their website. Cant get to the van at the moment sorry.