20' Series Awning length

RIB007

Dec 17, 2017
Terrey Hills NSW
Hi all I hope some one can help, we are trying work out the awning length of our 20.64 ,2018 expanda for annex walls size to fit to.

Regards
Richard

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you need to just replace the awning vinyl best to buy the awning with new barrel that way they both last the distance and it is easier to fit, takes about an hour for 2 people if that, minimal tools, getting it out of the tube is the hardest part but do read the guides a couple of times, if you pull the pin at the wrong time, well you'll find out......

Somewhere in this link is a guide on how to measure the size, fit and heaps of other stuff about awnings.... https://www.caravansplus.com.au/guides/the-complete-guide-to-caravan-awnings-a-17.html

I dont get any kickback but I can highly recommend this mob for price, delivery and quality of service, genuine gear and even with delivery cheaper than a van dealer by a long shot.

How to Measure a Rollout Awning
For Dometic or Carefree rollout awnings do not measure the vinyl. This is true for new awnings and for the replacement vinyl. You need to measure from the centre of the arm to the centre of the arm. See the image below

How_to_measure_awnings2.jpg

Last edited:

RIB007

Dec 17, 2017
Terrey Hills NSW
If you need to just replace the awning vinyl best to buy the awning with new barrel that way they both last the distance and it is easier to fit, takes about an hour for 2 people if that, minimal tools, getting it out of the tube is the hardest part but do read the guides a couple of times, if you pull the pin at the wrong time, well you'll find out......

Somewhere in this link is a guide on how to measure the size, fit and heaps of other stuff about awnings.... https://www.caravansplus.com.au/guides/the-complete-guide-to-caravan-awnings-a-17.html

I dont get any kickback but I can highly recommend this mob for price, delivery and quality of service, genuine gear and even with delivery cheaper than a van dealer by a long shot.

How to Measure a Rollout Awning
For Dometic or Carefree rollout awnings do not measure the vinyl. This is true for new awnings and for the replacement vinyl. You need to measure from the centre of the arm to the centre of the arm. See the image below

How_to_measure_awnings2.jpg
Hi Drover am I correct that you measure the awning for replacing the awning as the correct way to get the correct length for the walls and width.
Thanks
Richard

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sorry I misread your post, phone too small... for annex best to get whoever makes them to do it then they are to blame if wrong..... Their websites usually have a how to measure listed....

RIB007

Dec 17, 2017
Terrey Hills NSW
Thank you Drover I will get some one to measure my van for a annex just thought someone mite had one fitted on the same jayco expanda as ours.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
With awnings its best made to measure off the rack never seem to be just right and for the price you want them to be...Someone on here should be able to recommend someone decent...