Just Browsing Arkcorp hitch

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey @boots33 haven't seen that one before, looks pretty good, the design is similar to the Tregg/DO35 on how it rotates and moves but with a Standard 50mm instead, would be interested to see how the locking mechanism works as the Tregg and DO35 have a pin they have the "quick hitch" system which seems to attached the same as a standard 50mm hitch but provides articulation options.

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 10.48.08 AM.png

We just swapped our standard 50mm ball out for a DO35 hitch which seems to work a treat, but this seems to be another great option for people.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
I keep thinking we should change over ours, even parking it in our house I can a see the benefit of a Offroad coupling.
Be interesting to see how you go. Actually should of thought about it before we brought the D4. Think they stung me $500 for the hitch :(

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Does it include a handbrake ?

Good question @mfexpanda In their video they show a handbrake plate mounted under the coupling but no mention if it comes with the coupling.
I know the Alko handbrake plate costs around $20 so it should not be too much if it is not included. I will shoot them an email to see what the go is.

Screenshot (30).jpg

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
So @boots33 you getting one be interested to see how you go.. I like to have a off road one by September. Although want to take the van out with the new Discovery 4 and see how standard goes differently to the Discovery 3 we had :) probably be the same a lot of things are the same :)

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Fitted the Ark coupling today, no modifications needed it is a simple bolt off bolt on replacement. The whole process took about half an hour (and a couple of beers). You will need

1 x Ark ORXOF50 off road coupling

1 x Ark MBP50P hand brake base plate

1 x Ark CMB44B mounting bolt pack

I got mine from Boat Trailer Spares in Brisbane, full cost for the three items was $269.40 delivered.

Hooked it up to the tug and it went on OK, very easy to connect to. Haven't towed it yet so don't know what it is like on the road. We will be going off road at the start of July so will report back how it goes

set.jpg

You may also need to replace your tow ball as the Ark needs one that looks like this

ball1.jpg

The original

old.jpg

The new one

newtop.jpg

newside.jpg

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
That looks a well used chrome ball @boots33. :D

Yes my tow ball would not fit so had to rat that one off the work truck. it doesn't get too much love as you can see .

Does it have rotational movement in both longitudinal and sideways?

Yes full movement just like other off road couplings. will be interesting to see how it goes. Might throw the gopro on it to see when we hit the rough stuff.