20' Series Anyone removed their water pressure limiting valves???

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I like your fix here. Just wondering how much you stretch the spring. I would guess an extra 5mm.
As the old saying goes.... "How long is a piece of string?" ;) And a lot also depends on how strong you are!!!!

I managed to stretch our spring a bit (Looked like about 2 to 3 mm) and it solved the problem for 12 months. Did it again on our last trip and have purchased a new valve (Different brand and 500kPa as opposed to the original 300/350kPa) from Master's for $15, a week before they closed. Now have it sitting in a cupboard in the van ready to swap over next time it plays up!

Reactions: Dobbie

Gadget101

Feb 7, 2017
Cairns
As the old saying goes.... "How long is a piece of string?" ;) And a lot also depends on how strong you are!!!!

I managed to stretch our spring a bit (Looked like about 2 to 3 mm) and it solved the problem for 12 months. Did it again on our last trip and have purchased a new valve (Different brand and 500kPa as opposed to the original 300/350kPa) from Master's for $15, a week before they closed. Now have it sitting in a cupboard in the van ready to swap over next time it plays up!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I have to replace ours, it gradually lost pressure, then first night away recently it stopped working altogether, had no water at all so use the tanks, (note to self, make sure both tanks are on before taking shower), anyways I disconnected the pressure valve didn't look like it comes apart and didn't want to stuff it while away, poked around at it with small screwdriver and bingo it started working again, still wasn't the best but we had mains for the rest of our time away,
I may remember to replace before next trip

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
As I've mentioned before just pull the spring and the other loose bit out, throw in bin, the reducer stays fixed in the thing and all will be good, if you find water pressure over 70 psi you might be in trouble but I'm pretty sure the hose fitting on the tap will blow off before the John Guest fittings and since most people have water filters in line then your pressure is reduced even more..................The HWS has its own PRV inline.

Reactions: mikerezny

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Mine is stuffed, packed it in last trip,got it working again, just bug has packed it in again, bearly a trickle,
Currently using the tanks/pump to get decent flow just keep topping tanks up till can replace it

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Does anyone have a photo of their PLV. Am currently having serious pressure issues in the van and would like to fix.
I got fed up with the inline Jayco PLV. I pulled the guts out of it and now use a Pope 300kPa irrigation pressure reducer on the caravan park tap. $10 from Bunnings and works a treat
Screenshot_20170414-213851.png

Reactions: Drover