Starcraft Another Sandgroper & Another Starcraft 17.58-1 OB

Robbie Reddog

Mar 25, 2015
Perth WA
Hi All

Have recently joined the forum and posted a bit of an intro on the Intro area.

We are upgrading from our current Swan and were pretty set on the idea that a Expanda would be our next van. Two of our friends have the 16.49 outbacks and really liked the floor plan so we looked around for a number of months. Not to many outbacks here in WA with the majority being the touring models and couldn't find one that suited.

So off to the C&C show we go. Spent all of Friday afternoon crawling in and around the Jayco vans. Back Saturday with the boys and again Sunday with the Mrs and daughter in tow.

After much discussion and inspection the Starcraft came out the winner. I think the convenience of not having to make the beds and sleeping inside suited our family needs better. Wife liked the idea that we park the van, pop the top, connect the power and water and essentially we were done.

Have ordered a 17.58.1 Outback with a delivery date of August. List of extras so far include -
  • Rooftop air
  • Full oven with microwave above fridge
  • Extra power point on buffet near the doorway
  • Extended drawbar
  • Extra gas bottle and holder
  • Spare relocated to back bumper (allow for future storage box on drawbar)
  • Entertainment package (show special) which includes the stereo and indoor/outdoor speakers, tv antenna and TV
No the wait begins :D

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
congrats and welcome to the 17-58 club. Good they did a power point on buffet
You did not think of bigger fridge well the oven would be out if you did...
We probably should of gone extended drawbar although when ordered had space issues.
August will fly I assume your seen the 17-58 threads not many -1's here :)

Reactions: Chrisv

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welcome to the forum @Robbie Reddog from another sandgroper....... When you get the van keep your eyes on the WA get together posts (Even take the Swan before then ;)

Got a get together happening in May if interested!

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Sounds like a great choice @Robbie Reddog we recently sold out Expanda 17' and bought a Sterling pop top, if we were younger probably would have kept the Expanda but love a power nap at lunch time when we pull up, enjoy the Starcraft as I'm sure you will, cheers.

Reactions: chartrock

Robbie Reddog

Mar 25, 2015
Perth WA
Thanks everyone.
congrats and welcome to the 17-58 club. Good they did a power point on buffet
You did not think of bigger fridge well the oven would be out if you did...
We probably should of gone extended drawbar although when ordered had space issues.
August will fly I assume your seen the 17-58 threads not many -1's here :)

Hopefully they can do the power point. I know Jayco don't really like doing things out of the norm.
We did think of the bigger fridge but wife wanted an oven and likes the microwave at eye level. Like everything thing, there's always a compromise. As they say 'happy wife, happy life'

The shower toilet combo on the 3 not real important for us at this stage. In saying that wouldn't mind a ensuite setup one day with separate toilet/shower.

We got the Starcraft over the Expanda for similar reasons.

Congrats on the new van @Robbie Reddog , that layout is very popular and for good reason. Going from the setup time required for a swan you won't know your self with a starcraft.

Looking forward to the lack of setup and particularly the pack up bit :)

When you get the van keep your eyes on the WA get together posts (Even take the Swan before then ;)

Got a get together happening in May if interested!
Definitely will keep an eye out for the get-togethers. Will check the calender for May. Cheers

Sounds like a great choice @Robbie Reddog we recently sold out Expanda 17' and bought a Sterling pop top, if we were younger probably would have kept the Expanda but love a power nap at lunch time when we pull up, enjoy the Starcraft as I'm sure you will, cheers.
I wouldn't mind a power nap as well sometimes but the 4yo has other ideas.
Couple we know did the same thing recently. Kids no longer go away so they sold their Expanda and now have a Journey.

Reactions: Sweet Pea