Another Member Joins the crew!

Big Stew

Jul 27, 2011
Geelong GO CATS
Wow What a great site! I must say I am pretty impressed with some of the topics and also the sharing of information and ideas. We purchased a 2nd hand 16 foot outback with bunks 3 months ago. A petrol Prado is our tow rig. We have been on one 3 day shake down trip and we are very happy with ease of set and pack up. Much faster and easier than the soft floor camper that we have been camping in! I am married with 2 girls aged 10 and 7. We started camping 3 years ago, a new experience for my wife who had not camped before. We all enjoy camping but the girls have become 5 star campers so a van was purchased to make camping easier for me to set up and pack up. We also purchased the van so we could enjoy weekend trips and make overnight stop overs an option rather than bunking in a motel for the night as we travelled on longer trips. I look forward to reading more about Expandas and where I can I will try to add my thougts and ideas. Happy Camping Big Stew.

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate.
I'm another one that's converted from camper to "yet to come" expanda :)

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome Big Stew. :welcome: You have follwed the trend of a lot of the members coming from camper trailers. We did, but have been through 2 vans before deciding to buy a new Expanda optioned up the way we wanted. No regrets.

Big Stew

Jul 27, 2011
Geelong GO CATS
Thanks guys for the welcome. We are from Geelong and given the time of year and weather we are putting up with, we are dreaming of a trip north!

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome Stew, we will try not to judge you for supporting the cats.

Beside that fact, you are more than welcome here (and no, i'm not a demons supporter, and if i was, i wouldn't admit to it anyway:becky:)

Look forward to seeing some photos of your setup!