Annex mats or flooring

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
We use fold up / roll up flooring that doesn't kill grass. Quite light too.

A lot of parks have concrete slabs so haven't needed it a couple of places.

We store the mat with our hoses etc in the loo when we travel.

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
I use the Oztrail shade cloth in the bag, only for weight otherwise we used to use the heavier rubber matting in the camper trailer, I thinks it's better but I'm way more weight conscious than I once was!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We get cheap shade cloth from go lo and the reject shop when they have it. We usually camp with friends and make paths and a common area with it

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I have used the rubber type on the roll for years but this time around I'm going to try shade cloth with a seam around the edges. The rubber is very heavy and should be rolled not folded as this can cause it to deteriorate at the folds. It does feel nice to walk on though!

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey CG, is that the one that you can land choppers on it in the desert?....so the add says in the magazines!

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
We use the cgear mat as well. Really keeps the sand from coming thru. Expensive but should last a long time, very well made.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
C Gear here too, more expensive but great product, we have friends that use shade cloth too but we find that its a bit abraisive on the little kids feet when on it allot!

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
C-Gear Here to - Great Product for minimizing Dirt\Sand Coming in, It is a little abrasive though just like shadecloth, probably not as bad as shadecloth..

Apart from being Bulky you really cant beat a stack of the square interlocking foam matt's IMO... Every now and then K-Mart sells packs of 6 for about $12 we now have enough to fill the whole annex area and use them in the garage when not camping - I use the ones with the holes in them this way dirts finds its way down and if it does rain then we have slightly more chance of staying dry in the annex given they are about 20mm thick.