Electrical Android MySwitch App

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I recently upgraded my Android phone, and I couldn't find the MySwitch App anywhere on Play Store when I went searching after it didnt auto instal onto the new phone. Seems its been removed from the Play Store

I had the MySwitch App on my tablet so I extracted a copy of App from the tablet and reinstalled the copy it on the mobile. The App still works so the data base is clearly still online.

Below is a link to the Apps extracted APK file in my online storage. Ill leave it on there for a month or so, after that youll have to message me for a copy

Click on the link and the file should down load directly. Find the downloaded file on your device and open it.
Because its an unknown App, the phone should advice you of the security risks, and then instructed you to turn off the install security feature of the phone for the duration of the installation. It will then install directly onto the phone, and the security feature should turn itself back on automatically.

The copied APK File has been extracted copy of the original file by me so its safe.

MySwitch App

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
I recently upgraded my Android phone, and I couldn't find the MySwitch App anywhere on Play Store when I went searching after it didnt auto instal onto the new phone. Seems its been removed from the Play Store

I had the MySwitch App on my tablet so I extracted a copy of App from the tablet and reinstalled the copy it on the mobile. The App still works so the data base is clearly still online.

Below is a link to the Apps extracted APK file in my online storage. Ill leave it on there for a month or so, after that youll have to message me for a copy

Click on the link and the file should down load directly. Find the downloaded file on your device and open it.
Because its an unknown App, the phone should advice you of the security risks, and then instructed you to turn off the install security feature of the phone for the duration of the installation. It will then install directly onto the phone, and the security feature should turn itself back on automatically.

The copied APK File has been extracted copy of the original file by me so its safe.

MySwitch App
Thanks, I have the same problem

Reactions: Crusty181

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I used Samsung's "Smart Switch" app when I went from the previous work "Iapplephone" to my own samsung and worked a treat.

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
it is a nice little app which uses your phone/tablet to provide a direction to the closest TV mast and expected reception strength and other details

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Those with satellite setups don't really need it?

It's an app that was released for digital TVs. You can locate direction of nearest tv tower etc and use a compass to point your antenna in that direction.

It's free!

Reactions: mfexpanda

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I've just read that if you have android version of Wikicamps it's possible to download ..free... to another android or android tablet. Just has to be same operating system.

Anyone tried that?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I'm a fan of my switch as I can't get Antenna mate on my iPad. I've seen it working and it's good and easy so my switch is my alternative.

I got a free compass app to use on the iPad with Myswitch so I don't have to guess the direction.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I've just read that if you have android version of Wikicamps it's possible to download ..free... to another android or android tablet. Just has to be same operating system.

Anyone tried that?
Only if the devices are attachef the same Google account, you can load the paid Apps onto as many devices as you like. I have a tablet, and i gave the Princess my old S3 when i upgraded mobile so i have the same Apps on all 3.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Pardon my ignorance but what is "myswitch" and why would I need it? :noidea:
Stupid name. Its just an Androin phine App the digital TV rollout crowd created so people could automatically and easily find the direction and predicted strength of the closest digital transmitter to wherever they happen to be, along with the digital rollout date for that transmitter

Down side is the App needs to search its systems database, so only works in cell phone areas. Pretty handy, very simple.

The system database is still active, but for some reason the App has been removed from the Google Play Store, so the only way to install it is via an extracted APK file. That just means your installing it from outside the Play Store, nothing sinister .... or pirate like