16' Series All good in the end !!!

darcy305

Jul 24, 2011
Meadow Heights
Hi all,
We have just returned from a great two weeks at Big4 Riverside Swan hill, we had a brilliant site right on river the with great views, a small beach area where the kids could go fishing ( 18 fish mostly carp and a few perch and 1 unlucky duck!! ) not a bad return for novices.

We had picked up our new to us 2008 16.49.1 on the thursday before we left after selling our 2005 on ebay within 12 hours of listing for $2500 more than offered for a trade in :whoo: The dealer put a gas bayonet on the front of the van for the weber, after setting up the annexe etc, hooked up the weber tried to light it nothing!!! tried the cooktop nothing !!!. Checked all the lines made sure the valves were all open, checked the bottles had gas all good. So on the phone to the dealer there first suggestion was to bring it back to them so they could check it out REALLY!! after setting everything up the expected us to pack up and drive 2.5 hours back, next well the cooker has one electric hotplate, mmm with five kids that would be helpful. So I KINDLY suggested to them that they should be able to find a plumber in swan hill to look at it !!! Yes thats a good idea was the reply would you mind taking it to them Um no we just handed our hard earned for a van you where supposed of checked over. Finally they called me back to tell me they had found a gas fitter that could come and have a look, turned out to be a faulty two way tap on top of the regulator. The plumber was very helpful gave everything a quick check over to make sure all was o.k. So all turned out well in the end just makes you wonder what they actually check before delivery!!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Sometimes it can also happen if you turn the bottles on if an appliance was previously left turned on.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Good to hear they sent someone out onsite and it was all fixed, that's better than what some would do!

Cheers.