Adding a Pole Carrier.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Nice day today down south again today, so I thought I'd throw another mod onto the van. I saw it in another thread and thought I'd do the copy cat thing.
I added a pole carrier to free up some space in the boot. A spot for my anti flap arms, tv aerial pole, fishing rod, and a few other bits and pieces taking up room in the front boot.

It's a 1600mm plumbers pipe, sealed at both ends. One end has a glued on cap, the other has a screw on thread and cap attached.

I also purchased 2 x 150mm holding brackets, 2 x 90degree Steel angles, bolts and nylock nuts with washers.

Just need to add a Hasp & Staple. I forgot that today at Bunnings. Looks like another trip in there tomorrow.

See pics below.

photo-151.JPG

photo-149.JPG

photo-148.JPG

photo-150.JPG

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
I couldn't put it on the front A Frame as my bike rack is there and it would be an obstruction getting the bikes on and off. I also considered putting it behind the van, sitting on the rear bumper but thought that would obstruct the rego plate. Putting it under the rear bumper would reduce clearance. So I decided on the spot underneath, immediately behind the wheel to maintain good clearance. Any further back would reduce my clearance and I didn't want that. Having it there also enables me to remove poles, rods while being under the shelter of the awning/ annexe.