Electrical Adding a Inverter

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
mfexpanda
Did you set that up yourself or was it done at the factory? I take it the cable runs up from the inverter where the batteries are stored and feed out to the additional power point (male plug so you don't get it wrong in the dark??). If you did it yourself was it easy to run and how did you conceal the cables?
Cheers
Ian.
Yes I did it myself , I do have a elect lic , and the inverter and batteries are near each other under the bed .
The cables run internally though a cupboard then through the wall

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
I have it plugged into the inverter ,one of the 2powerpoints , then it runs under the bed through the cub board and wired to the external point . The external point is female just like a normal 15amp one .
I have a short 15amp lead that I use between the inverter point and the van power inlet .
We don't use it very often as just about everything except the AC ,micro wave and washing machine is 12v ,but it's good to know it's there .
And yes it brought tears to my eyes cutting a hole in the van wall.

Thanks MFexpanda.
Have a mate that is a cabinet maker and all the tools so will leave the install to him, and another who is a sparkie (FYI Drover) so was just following up as to how difficult it was to set up. Most times we are in parks with mains supply, but it will give us the option for charging the kids Ipads and running the lights on battery as well as some of the mod-cons if we free camp somewhere. We have the fridge and hot water with the gas option so all good.
Our 17.56.2 has been modified in the factory from new as we optioned the larger fridge, so had to move the AC to where the microwave would live and the microwave is under the cooktop. I have the batteries under the seat where the fuse box / power supply is (and the tank filler inlet pipes). Will be a nice short cable run up to beside the existing power connection.
cheers