17' Series Adam and Sals new adventure!

Bards

May 3, 2014
Blue Mountains
We moved our 2012 outback swan on gumtree. It took about 6 weeks and there were lots of crazy offers. Im sure people think you are going to give stuff away at ridiculous prices. The person that purchased ours viewed it on the friday morning and deposited the money into our account there and then and took the van that afternoon. 3 weeks untill the new van will be here.
Hey Scott, have had those crazy offers, just worried coming into winter it won't sell by delivery of panda, have it priced accordingly though.

Gotta wait till sept, feels like next year!
Cheers

Bards

May 3, 2014
Blue Mountains
G'day and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the purchase. Sounds awesome. Doubt you will have trouble selling the swan. All the best.
Thanks for welcome, yes we are really looking forward to taking delivery!!
September can't come round quick enough. We are actually travelling to Ballarat to pick it up.
Have had the swan on for 3 weeks now, worried that it will take to long to sell coming into winter, getting crazy offers from gumtree!!
Cheers

Reactions: Kenshi123

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Welcome Adam! We have our new van in the driveway, and first trip in it will be next weekend! :D

We went with a 2013 floor stock 17.56-2OB - I don't think I could have waited months for my van to arrive! I don't know how you all do it lol

Reactions: dagree

Bards

May 3, 2014
Blue Mountains
Ok everyone....excitement about new van on order has Been squashed,dealer rang me today and told me I can't have a annex with end walls, this won't work with the family..............van was due September!

The dealer offered me my deposit back if I didn't want to proceed with the deal, or I could go ahead with it and hope that jayco can come up with a solution by then.
We probably won't use the gas with the fridge, but I am worried that if we ever went to sell the van that it would be hard to move!

Any advice?

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
@adam ask for a 12 volt fridge a second battery and a couple of solar panels, easy (easy to say that is) but the 12V fridge will run rings around a 3 way ;) in fact I am thinking of replacing our 3 way for a 12 volt fridge because they are so much better

Bards

May 3, 2014
Blue Mountains
We'll the time has finally come........leave at 4am for Ballarat!

Handover is booked in for 9am Saturday, then drive home to sydney, the kids will wake with a new van in the driveway on Sunday morning, getting them to sleep on Saturday night will be interesting, they are super excited now just now knowing I'm leaving before they get up. Geez even I'm excited !

What should I be looking for and how long should the handover go for ?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Should take 2 to 3 hours if done properly.... Ensure they go over all appliances and show how they operate. Look for door/cupboard catches that don't hold correctly (Pull on doors and drawers etc). Ensure they have water plugged in and turned on and check for leaks underneath and behind cupboards etc.

Get them to show you things twice if not sure and ASK questions!!!!

Good luck with the pick up... Know how you feel :)

Reactions: Bards

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Forgot to mention..... Make sure they go over opening and packing up the bed ends and awning. Even if you already have experience with them! Make them earn your $'s ;)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
If you get a TV aerial make sure it works :) we going back for the third time after this trip.......
As mentioned check if hose does not leak. Water works. Check appliances.
Your bound to have some small things after the first trip... So try to smile and enjoy the van.
Have a great hand over

Bards

May 3, 2014
Blue Mountains
image.jpg
Fuelling up!!! More to come when I get home.......6 hrs to go!