3+ months with 3 kids in the panda - time to prep

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Hi guys,

My eldest daughter pointed out excitedly this morning that's it's only 99 days till I start my long service leave.

The family (wife and three daughters 7,5 and 3) have planned three/four months on the road from Melbourne. Up the middle, across the Gibb river road, down the coast and across the bottom.

I was hoping for some packing advice from a few fellow pandavillians out there on what you wouldnt leave without, what you would omit next time and any creative travelling storage solutions you may have....our longest trip so far has been three nights!

Cheers,
Ben

Aremac

Sep 20, 2011
Townsville, North Queensland.
I'll be following your thread with interest....we're doing the same 3 month 1/2 lap but in reverse to you guys.

We'll leave Townville at the end of June, head west to the three ways before hanging a left hand turn and heading south.

Might bump into you somewhere along the way.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Sounds like fun!

Here are a few things we did on our 4 weeks holiday last year.

We have a drawer in the van dedicated to craft for our 2 and 4 yr old. They love making things on holidays and drawing pictures of where we went.

I also like to keep the floor and seats/dinette of the van as clear as possible to make road side stops quick and easy without having to move things around. On our bigger trips we put light bulky things like camping chairs, the weber Q etc in the back of the car to save space in the van.

I'm sure everyone will have more practical ideas but they are a few off the top of my head.