240v off but fuse not tripped

The Alberto

Oct 19, 2012
Rockhampton QLD
Hi All,

I am up in Cairns and we just got back to the van and the 240v is off, but the control switch is not "tripped"?

The 12v is still working, but the fridge, a/c and power points etc are not.

I thought maybe the power was out, so I pulled the cord out of the power supply and plugged it back in and away we went.

I have no idea, has anyone else seen this or know what this might be?

Seems to be working fine now but concerned about it happening again, especially when we are out for the day and the cold stuff in the fridge might go off.

Thanks in advance.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Do you have a battery? I'm assuming that's why you had 12v. It sounds to me like it might be a dodgy power outlet, I had one once where the socket was so loose I don't know how it stayed in!

The Alberto

Oct 19, 2012
Rockhampton QLD
Thanks heaps for all the replies.

Yeah i know wierd hey? i do have a battery so that is why i still had 12v. The 240v circuit breaker in the van was still "ON" and the circuit breaker for the power outlet was also still "ON". So I am baffled as well.

Perhaps as @Burnsy mentioned, maybe the outlet socket is a bit loose and dodgey. There are 2 outlets for our site so I have changed it to the other one and it has been fine so far, but then the other one was also fine for the first 24 hours as well!

One consolation though is that it is 5 to 10 knotts tomorrow and I am headed to Linden Banks chasing YellowFin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Wahoo and perhaps a sailfish or Marlin. :) So not all bad.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks heaps for all the replies.

Yeah i know wierd hey? i do have a battery so that is why i still had 12v. The 240v circuit breaker in the van was still "ON" and the circuit breaker for the power outlet was also still "ON". So I am baffled as well.

Perhaps as @Burnsy mentioned, maybe the outlet socket is a bit loose and dodgey. There are 2 outlets for our site so I have changed it to the other one and it has been fine so far, but then the other one was also fine for the first 24 hours as well!

One consolation though is that it is 5 to 10 knotts tomorrow and I am headed to Linden Banks chasing YellowFin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Wahoo and perhaps a sailfish or Marlin. :) So not all bad.

Geez I don't want have to start dishing out bans but all these holiday reports are just un anstralian lol :)!

Who are you going out with and good luck?

The Alberto

Oct 19, 2012
Rockhampton QLD
Geez I don't want have to start dishing out bans but all these holiday reports are just un anstralian lol :)!

Who are you going out with and good luck?
:)
A mate of mine lives here in cairns and we went out on his 19foot cruise craft.

Awful day, not a breath of wind, could see the bottom in 60 ft of water and fish everywhere!

No marlin for us but a few good yellowfin tuna, bag of Spanish macks (biggest went 18kg), a couple of coral trout and a giant Wahoo that we let go.

Hopefully getting out again on Sunday if the weather holds!

Reactions: Antman

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
:)
A mate of mine lives here in cairns and we went out on his 19foot cruise craft.

Awful day, not a breath of wind, could see the bottom in 60 ft of water and fish everywhere!

No marlin for us but a few good yellowfin tuna, bag of Spanish macks (biggest went 18kg), a couple of coral trout and a giant Wahoo that we let go.

Hopefully getting out again on Sunday if the weather holds!
Yeah, we're feeling your pain. Not one marlin eh? Never mind some of just don't cut it as fisherman.:fish: