2018 Everest

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well here is my new set of wheels only picked it up yesterday. It's a fantastic car to drive and look forward to seeing how it tows but have to get 1500km under its belt first. This is the Ambiante model which is the base model but still packs heaps of goodies in which makes a great package. We got a 5 seater instead of the 7 as I will be setting the rear up with fridge and drawers.
Over the last month or so we had a look at the Ranger, BT50, Dmax, Colorado, Triton, Mux, Trailblazer, Pajero and Pajero sport and Everest.
The only options we went with were the tow pack, Redarc tow pro and a set of 265/70-17 BFG Ko2s. There's a few extras in the pipeline so stay tuned.

Last edited:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Looking good mate, getting the Ambiante model allows change to help with the add on goodies later, just make sure they have dealt with the latest recall for the 18 models.
It's hard to find dealer that actually stocks Ambiante to look over, they always have the Trend and the Titanium
Looking forward to following your build.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Looking good mate, getting the Ambiante model allows change to help with the add on goodies later, just make sure they have dealt with the latest recall for the 18 models.
It's hard to find dealer that actually stocks Ambiante to look over, they always have the Trend and the Titanium
Looking forward to following your build.
Yes took the trend for the demo and picking up the kids I used the auto tailgate, the kids loved it but I said don`t get used to it! lol.
To be honest there wasn`t a lot on the upper models I wanted, sure the tailgate was cool but not essential, satnav well all I have to do is plug my phone in and use google maps, lane assist and adaptive cruise I don`t need, and from what I`ve seen the front parking sensors cause grief with bullbars so more than happy with the choice I made mate.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
View attachment 61198
Starting to take shape. Installed was the Summit bar and steps, Safari snorkel, under body protection with recovery point and a Smittybilt winch.

Looking good, you trusted the dealer to fit the ARB goodies, or did they send it to ARB to do the work.
I'd never trust a dealership again to fit goodies, after the screw up I had when we got the Pajero.

Reactions: G Daddy

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Looking good, you trusted the dealer to fit the ARB goodies, or did they send it to ARB to do the work.
I'd never trust a dealership again to fit goodies, after the screw up I had when we got the Pajero.
Very happy with the local dealer @Bushman my mate is the service manager and got to see the job myself as well as pics during install. They did some very neat work with the bar install where the bumper needed cutting too.

Reactions: Bushman

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I had my bar fitted by ARB, remember measure twice and cut once, well they didn’t !! The had to get the front panel plastic welded and painted and after a week or so I called in and almost got abused “whe’re busy you know” never again will go to a different store. Eventually had it RE-fitted they painted over a chip as well and insisted I leave the car there all day looks like crap

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpeg

This week a bit happened with the Everest. I had my drawer turn up from Drifta and I had already knocked up a box to go around the fridge just needed some carpet which I got off them as well. Mounted the Powertop and compressor behind the fridge slide and the oven up on top.
image.jpeg