17' Series 2015 17.56-1 front cover

ssm

Oct 7, 2015
Sydney
Need some advice and ideas.

Before I picked up my van in May this year the dealer called to let me know during their pre-handover checks they found some damage to the front tent section. They advised they fixed the root cause and the tent section would be completely replaced.

I was actually happy they picked this up and replaced the tent section although the damage was tiny, I'm sure i would not have seen it during handover.

So the cause appears to be gas strut bracket. Their fix was the little rubber pad as shown in the picture. However the pads seem to move down and it appeared it could easily happen again. The dealer, when they replaced the tent, reapplied the pad however once again it did not stay in the right place. I've since reattached with some decent double sided tape but again I'm not confident that the bracket is well protected enough from the bed base and tent.

I seem to recall a similar thread but has any other 2015 Expanda members had the same issue and what has been your fix? Perhaps I put some rubber around the bracket? Has anyone put a latch on the front like on the back cover?

I will post a picture of the bracket when I get a chance.

Attachments

• front right.jpg
    front right.jpg
    767.2 KB · Views: 227