2014 Colorado "series 2"

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
When I looked at the Colorado before the purchase of the BT50 the main reason we didn't buy it was the noise, mainly at idle and the boring dash and lack of sat nav etc. I never minded the look of it so now they have fixed the things that should have been sorted at launch it will be worth another look. However @Soaring does say the new Ranger will be a cracker.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
In what way?
Actually it was the Everest I mentioned will be a cracker. The Ranger based SUV.
With the new pathfinder going backwards, the Everest won't have much competition. I just hope that doesn't blow out the pricing.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan Lee and blacky

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
how could they blow out the pricing - Ford has already told us it is sooooo much cheaper to build anything overseas, so it will be a bargain.. :)

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
In the next 18 months or so I will be looking at drive in/out to work, and will be looking for a dual cab 4X4, something that will tow the Expanda as well. Think I will definately be spoilt for choice!!! I was looking at Amarok, Ranger and BT-50, but this may be a game changer...

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
@Soaring I snapped this pic in Shanghai on the weekend it's a Ford Edge
IMG_0297.JPG
, no idea if we will ever see them here but they look the goods that's for sure. Does the collie still have the engine Jeep discarded back in '09 ?

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
@Soaring I snapped this pic in Shanghai on the weekend it's a Ford EdgeView attachment 17898 , no idea if we will ever see them here but they look the goods that's for sure. Does the collie still have the engine Jeep discarded back in '09 ?
The Edge is a Ford North American product imported into China, not yet made there.
If you were to read the tea leaves, they would probably tell you that after the Australia operations close, we would need a 7 seat soft roader to fill the void left by territory.

I think your auto correct changed Terri to collie, but the Terri diesel is the old LR Disco motor. Unfortunately the 3.0 twin turbo V6 from the disco 4 would not fit under the bonnet if an engine bay designed for a straight 6. In saying that, the 2.7 V6 still meets euro 5 emission stds, and does a bloody good job in the lighter Terri body. I'm getting under 15lt/100 towing.

Reactions: relgate and blacky

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
@Soaring no I know the Terri motor is fine and where it comes from, I almost bought one. I was reading somewhere (can't find it again) that the old Jeep motor is what is in the Colarado, not that I could see a problem with it, it just sounded unusual being and Isuzu vehicle?