16' Series 2007 expanda TV aerial digital compatible ?

Chalmers

Jul 1, 2014
Brisbane
I have a expanda that I purchased off my parents and I can't get a good Chanel on the TV , they have not used it for some time before I got it and there was no issue with TV before. Now could it be the aerial? It's a T style one. Any help would be great. Thanks Ian

john hayward

Dec 31, 2012
I'm no TV expert but the first thing that I would do is connect the aerial directly to the TV and not through any outlets in the van.
If you get better reception then obviously it is a problem with the cable.
If so it more likely to be a problem with either the input or output connection so undo these and check that they are securely connected
I assume that you have changed the TV source to digital and done a scan.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you have an aerial socket in the wall which has a 12v socket in it as well , make sure the little button is pushed in and the light comes on, thats the booster for the aerial. Do the elements on the aerial on your house lay vertical or horizontal, the ones on the van need to be on the same plane.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
There is no such thing as a digital aerial. All of the hype around over the last few years about making sure its digital compatible was just marketing nonsense.

The antenna is tuned to pick up a range of TV frequencies, which are in the main, the same frequencies we used to use on the old analogue TV's, but the signal now contains lots of 1's and 0's that the new digital TV's decode, and turn into picture and sound.

So provided the cables and connections are are in good condition, and the antenna is able to receive both VHF & UHF frequencies (which it would if its only 2007) then it should work without a problem.

As @Drover has mentioned, check that the antenna booster is turned on, and it should all work OK

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
From what I have heard it may be wrong you have both vertical and horizontal signals the newer style antennas will pick both up the older ones will still work might just loose a few a the channels

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
With the older rigs the closer you are to a vertical signal the better but as the distance increases the signal goes down and we are only talking about 8k's or more. Horizontal and Vertical signals have been around for ages but nowadays with everyone having a TV in van and an aerial thats not just a coat hanger out the window things are getting techo even if the TV shows are crap we expect decent reception, digital just makes a good set up a must.
Digital aerials are like aerials for colour tv, humbug but you do need a decent rig and cable not a coat hangar with a bit of flex twisted on....lol......actually used quite a few of them in years past.

Reactions: Bellbirdweb