18.57.9 OB Newcomer to the field

Oakesy

Dec 30, 2011
Newcastle NSW
Happy New Year everyone,
Wife, 4 kids and ex-Jayco Hawk Outback owner. Just paid a deposit on an 18.57.9 OB with a couple of options added, such as external shower, dvd/tv, cd player and speakers, gas bayonet, 186 ltr fridge, full kakadu annex and front porch, full oven privacy screens with the cafe table (lower bunk) and tri-fold top bunk (figured this is useable for adults when mum and dad go away alone.

Should be ready in May / June when I return from overseas deployment.

Look forward to meeting you all out on the road. Stay safe into the new year

Oakesy

Dec 30, 2011
Newcastle NSW
The wife and I were at loggerheads - I wanted the Retreat Daydream but she wanted the Expanda OB - eventually it came down to whether to upgrade the truck or not - the Prado (99 Grande) is awesome and I love it, but wife wrote off the commodore just before xmas (no injuries lucky) and I need another vehicle and I want a V8 so we compromised - rather than an ss we will get a V8 cruiser - bout 05 model and this will tow the new van even easier.

As for the mods, I went and played off 5 different dealerships to get a great deal (in my opinion) - will never pay retail for anything. In the end we are happy with the purchase, and given I am going away for a while it will be ready when I return for a great holiday up north.

Oakesy

Dec 30, 2011
Newcastle NSW
retreat is a great van but expensive - I told the wife that the next van is a full van and retreat - one for the adults - boys will be old enough (currently 3 and 4 with 13 an 14 yr old girls) to sleep in annex.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
welcome to forum oakesy, you'll read through all ready as a visitor and being a member all the great advice on offer here unconditionally,great selection for the cruiser will tow no probs,as too with the van. my minister for war and finance is of the same opinion as you guys were in, i too will have to wait till the kids (4) grow till we change our van also.