17Triton's Starcraft 17-58-3 OB

Mrjoel86

Aug 5, 2015
Sydney
@17triton hey mate I'm going to do the tri fold. Where did you purchase the leg from?
Are you happy with how much you cut off the sides. I find it way to wide from factory.
Did u re use the side edging cheers

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpeg

Shake down trip at Beaufort caravan park. I will add more later.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
@17triton hey mate I'm going to do the tri fold. Where did you purchase the leg from?
Are you happy with how much you cut off the sides. I find it way to wide from factory.
We got the leg from Bunnings for $14 which was good but first weekend away and the center bolt has stripped so will have to tack weld it or strengthen it somehow.
Width of the table now is terrific I cut 130mm off it and now its 600mm wide.
My neighbour did all the edging at his joinery with new edgeing.

Reactions: cruza driver

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
We got the leg from Bunnings for $14 which was good but first weekend away and the center bolt has stripped so will have to tack weld it or strengthen it somehow.
Width of the table now is terrific I cut 130mm off it and now its 600mm wide.
My neighbour did all the edging at his joinery with new edgeing.

Try JB Weld glue first. I used it on the accelerator pedal and rudder support on a ski boat we had and it survived really well. We used the boat a dozen times and the glued joints held. Beats an ugly looking tack weld.

Reactions: Tone and 17triton

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011

Yep they are too wide in the 17:58-3 . It's pretty much what stopped me following up on a factory trifold as they couldn't tell me the width.

Great job @17triton super professional.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
when we got our dinette made 150mm wider ,so our daughter could fit in it length wise, for the bed converter we found the table was too wide before and perfect now .
Jayco left the table the original width

Reactions: FiveInAVan

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
That looks great @17triton . Love the material. I'm a tad confused as to why, though? It won't keep the light out at night. Or is it to keep prying eyes from "adult time" lol. I have to ask, where is the doona cover from. I am looking for something similar for my van. Love the colours! And love the anti slip matting on the tops of the cupboards. I am such a newbie lol would never have thought of that :oops:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
That looks great @17triton . Love the material. I'm a tad confused as to why, though? It won't keep the light out at night. Or is it to keep prying eyes from "adult time" lol. I have to ask, where is the doona cover from. I am looking for something similar for my van. Love the colours! And love the anti slip matting on the tops of the cupboards. I am such a newbie lol would never have thought of that :oops:

I think it's to hop in and out of the shower in private? We did something simalar in the Expanda.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Crusty doesn't have that problem.

He must hide behind his diesel heater.

I'm interested in the non slip on top of the cupboards. I guess it stays there all the time and wouldn't affect the pop top drop? And to make sure the stuff put on top of cupboards stays where it's put? TV etc?

It's a good idea, methinks.