17' Series 17.56 problems

Oct 14, 2014
Hi everyone ,we'll we have just got back from a 3week hoilday in the new van and loved it.But have found a lot of small problems with the van.Just after everyone's thoughts on my problems are there worth complaining about ?
(1) scratches on fridge corner,sink cuboard corner,range hood ,floor
(2) roof alignment when lowered
(3) left flair coming off
(4) lower bunk mattress has a hole in it
(5) lower fixed bunk is covered with wrong material colour
(6) both bed ends have dropped ( need photo to explain this)
(7) cuboard door buttons stick in
(8)toilet leaks into shower floor when full
(9) gaps in shower walls
(10) no reception with TV or radio
(11) roof a/c doesn't have a drain hose (water runs over roof to lowest point)
(12)screw holes in roof where lift brackets where miss mounted
And list go's on I have 25 problems but are they worth fighting for or are they just normal defects everyone has had?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
My suggestion @james saunders .....
Items 1 to 7 and 9 to 12 and the other 13..... Put it in for warranty!
Item 8? If you are talking about the flush tank leaking.... Yes warranty (Provided it wasn't over filled!)

Reactions: Bmhdg76
Oct 14, 2014
Light came on and I emptied it but then found water leaking into shower floor. shouldn't it fill up under the cassette area first?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Yes it should only fill up the cassete underneath first... Where is it coming out from?

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Warranty for all except the AC. As far as I am aware they never have a drainage hose. They always drain directly on to the roof and water runs off as described

Reactions: Smirke

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Warranty for all except the AC. As far as I am aware they never have a drainage hose. They always drain directly on to the roof and water runs off as described
That was explained to me at pickup this way. If they had a hose to drain it to one side and the van was not level or leaning to that side the water would not flow out and would then leak into the van. By allowing it to drain to the roof it will run off which ever way the van leans.