17' Series 17.56-2 Outback ordered

S&k

Jan 27, 2014
Cairns
Hi all

Finally ordered the van after huge discussions with Mick from Jayco Mackay. This is the second van we have purchased from Mick and the service and knowledge is awsome. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Highly recommended.

2014 17.56-2 Outback
Extended drawbar
Center mount jockey wheel
Additional 12 volt sockets
Privacy screens
Rv controll panel
Unsure of the fabic colours at this stage might go one colour for seat base and back.

Do i need to add anything else at production stage?

Wont take delivery until may due to work commitments so we have time to make adjustments now.

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Great stuff @S&k. It's a great model (just a bit biased here...)

Yep Mick and the team at Jayco Mackay are highly recommended by me too - always on top of things and have never let me down with what they say.

- Two fold down external tables...
- Hot water switches & rv panel up high.
- specify gas bayonet to rear (I find it works better down beside the fold up table, plus makes it easier to install a second bayonet up front if you ever want to)
- do they come with bunk bed curtains in 2014 models?
- ESC
- two external 12v sockets (I have one but a second one would be good as I always have engel plugged in)

S&k

Jan 27, 2014
Cairns
I did also add the aerial. Good idea with the plugs up high. Not sure about the curtains in the 2014. I'll ask mick to make some changes. I have no problem driving 800km+ to pick up a van from a professional team in Mackay. NQ dealers need to take a leaf out of Jayco Mackays book.

Last edited:

S&k

Jan 27, 2014
Cairns
I made all the changes that were suggested thanks for the help. Any idea Ligedy what Mick charged you for the curtains? As there not standard in the 2014 vans.

Last edited:

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Ok I just got a quote of about $500 Fitted.

I did order mine as a complete package with a $hiteload of extras... Could be why it was cheaper.

At the end of the day it would be a piece a don't be rude to install. It's just me or the mrs doesn't know how to sew...

Might be worth getting a seamstress to quote to make separately. .