17' Series 17.56.1 Quote

Bboys

May 11, 2015
Melbourne
Hi Expanda Community,

My wife and i have been looking at the new 2015 Expanda model vs second hand 2014, any major improvements on the new models in the past 12 months

Appreciate any help.

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
The main improvement/change @Bboys is the floor layout. It's been reversed so that the fridge is on the opposite side to the awning now allowing for full annex walls to legally be fitted.

Some come with a gas bottle cover and the spare under the rear of the van but have heard of some being supplied still mounted under the a-frame?

From what I saw at the caravan and camping show was that other changes were just cosmetic (Stickers, upholstery colour etc) apart from different bed hard lids on some models.

Mustang

Feb 16, 2015
Melbourne Bayside
I believe the fold out beds are now longer...by perhaps 150mm? The spare is now under the chassis between the a-frame and the front door...LED lights under the overhead cabinets over the kitchen... I'm buying the 17.56-2 OB, and these are the differences I'm aware of...

Kane

Apr 6, 2015
Perth
There's some details on the 2015 changes in this thread. (although ignore the USB charging points, and the led lights are not inside the cupboards, they are strip lighting underneath the overhead cupboards)

The wireless lighting is pretty cool, but I wouldn't base a decision on that..

Apart from that - nothing major!

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Also on the 2015 the "front parents bed" is narrower by 70mm ish which is now just under a double not a queen.

Kane

Apr 6, 2015
Perth
Also on the 2015 the "front parents bed" is narrower by 70mm ish which is now just under a double not a queen.

Funnily enough I was looking at our bed wondering about the size as it did seem a bit on the small size compared to our hawk.. Haven't slept in it yet (we have a test run in a couple of weeks time), but hopefully we fit okay! As long as the length hasn't been reduced we should be okay as the missus and I are of the "tall and skinny" variety (both over 6 foot)

Bboys

May 11, 2015
Melbourne
Thank you for the responses all.

As of today, we have officially ordered our Expanda 17.56.1 Outback.

Features list include:

Fusion Radio (basic)
Hot Water/shower (external)
TV antenna
Control Panel
Extra Gas Bottle
Standard Annex
Water Filter
ESC
16 inch wheels
Tregg coupling
2 x Jerry can holders
2 x Picnic tables
Extra water tank (82 litre)
Truma Air Conditioner
120 Watt solar Panel & Regulator

Its a very exciting time, only downside is that I've been told its a September delivery.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
:clock:and so the wait begins.......:playball:
PS welcome to the forum @Bboys, it will keep you occupied while you are waiting :thumb:

James Byrne

Apr 8, 2014
Great options @Bboys .
The external shower we use a lot when free camping to wash off the kids & others.
Did you consider the extended draw bar. With our Prado it means we can leave the van connected and still access the rear of the Prado with the door fully open.

Bboys

May 11, 2015
Melbourne
@James Byrne i did consider it, problem with our car is that the hitch blocks the door from opening so would not have benefitted from the extended drawbar. Will be getting a DROP HITCH instead.