17.56.1 OB with the lot !!

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
ok, it's happened...after months and months of drooling over this forum we've bitten the bullet and picked up a ridiculously over the top optioned Expanda that came up for sale 3.5 hours drive from home here in WA !! :)

Not even a year old, originally purchased in Victoria brought straight back here and not used. Lovely family selling it, just didn't get time to use it as the guy works for himself. Came to a good deal and we will pick up in a couple of weeks, to say we're a bit excited, shocked (outlay !!) and nervous (towing comparision to Swan) is a understatement !! but all good !! :)

Check out the extras... way more than what we needed at the moment (no free camping for us just yet) but was not even comparable to the price our sole Jayco WA dealer could've done for us...

150lt Fridge
Roll out awning
Stereo with outside speakers
Outside shower
HWS system
Upgrade to full Oven
Full annexe - hasn't even been out of the bag !
LCD TV/DVD player
Simplicity Independent Suspension
Dual Batteries
Extended drawbar
Fold out picnic table
Roof top air con
Front and rear gas bayonet
External tv connection
Wind up tv antenna
2 x 80lt tanks
2 x gas bottles
Anderson plug
additional power points

Gulp !!! ;)

As a newbie we're not really sure of all the benefts of the extras, ie the exteded draw bar, suspension so if any has any comments on why these are best would love to hear from them. Pretty keen to put a bike rack on the front so should be enough room, and the party van always needs music outside !! :)

Attachments

• 01529g3_20.jpg
    01529g3_20.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 324

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
That is awesome. Great list of extras, very simiar to mine. The suspension adds weight but gets great reviews from people taking the van off road. My understanding is that the retail cost would have been around $2K to add it at the factory. Extended drawbar gives you more options for toolboxes and bike racks as well as more chance of opening the back of your car. People also say it is easier to manouvre. Just be careful not to put too much weight on it. Let the good times roll!

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
cheers everyone...it's funny, for months and months looking at Expanda owners pulling up into the parks and viewing with utter jealosuy is now all going to feel a bit surreal !!

the good wife did make a comment that if this doesn't work and we hate it, it's back to tents !! :) tho' we still reckon our teenager will take over and leave her gear here there and everywhere !

1523ead_20.jpg

046814b_20.jpg

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Come on, show us the suspension please...... :)

will get some pics...the guy selling it is such a great guy, he's saying to me..'this suspension man, you crawl all under here....no dramas' !! -- might solve the teenager accomodation issue ;)

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Great van Paulie. Looks good. You can get decal from Caravanland in cannington or order it thru Absolute Caravans in Balcatta. Fantastic to see another WA member.
Cheers Jenny

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Great van Paulie. Looks good. You can get decal from Caravanland in cannington or order it thru Absolute Caravans in Balcatta. Fantastic to see another WA member.
Cheers Jenny

Excellent, thanks Jenny..will get onto that today.

One complaint, van will have Vic rego plates for 12 months. Criminal what the WA licensing make you do to transfer interstate on a near brand new van. $150 inspection, day off work to drive to south of the river with the full rig. We have family in Vic so have done a simple $5 transfer....will just have to put up with people thinking we're Melbournites... ;)

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Excellent, thanks Jenny..will get onto that today.

One complaint, van will have Vic rego plates for 12 months. Criminal what the WA licensing make you do to transfer interstate on a near brand new van. $150 inspection, day off work to drive to south of the river with the full rig. We have family in Vic so have done a simple $5 transfer....will just have to put up with people thinking we're Melbournites... ;)

Same to transfer to NSW. Need a blue slip, possibly a weight certificate and then the RTA takes their big piece of the pie.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
No need to weigh relgate, transferred our last one from Vic to NSW, just blue slip and rta :)

Thanks Burnsy. Yeah, Not necessary from what I understand, but the guy doing the blue slip said he might want one, and according to the RTA he is entitled to ask. I think once he sees the van is hot off the line with a compliance plate listing TARE and ATM he will be OK

Feldty

May 31, 2012
Wangaratta, Vic
Hi Relgate,

When you are delivered your van, I believe you will be given a weigh bridge slip that states all the weights needed for regestration. We certainly got one when we bought our new swan from Albury and then registered in Vic. I would have thought that this slip will be all that is needed?

Kev

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi Relgate,

When you are delivered your van, I believe you will be given a weigh bridge slip that states all the weights needed for regestration. We certainly got one when we bought our new swan from Albury and then registered in Vic. I would have thought that this slip will be all that is needed?

Kev

Hi Kev
That sounds good, I'll make sure I inquire on pick-up.