17' Series 17-56-1 ob any extra I may have missed ?

Justin

Feb 1, 2015
Melbourne
Hi everyone
We have just ordered a Expanda 17-56 -1 ob 2015 model at Melbourne caravan show . We pick it up in June!
We also added the following extras:
Show pack that included wind up antenna / fusion stereo / TV
Hot water and outdoor shower
Extra light above shower
Extra gas bottle
Extra water tank
Drifta control panel
Extended draw bar
Privacy screens
External picnic table
I have also requested hot water switch /pump switch /Drifta and stereo to be relocated inside cupboard above fridge . To keep it all away from little fingers.

Does anyone have any more options / extras you think I should add and please give a reason why this option is great.
Thank you in advanced
Justin

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Not sure if solar is now standard on the 2015, or it's still just "provision for solar" but if not, it's definitely worth having.
Also a few extra 12v points would come in handy for charging phones etc.
What do you mean by extra gas bottle? You should have two as standard on the OB...

Justin

Feb 1, 2015
Melbourne
Hi thanks for you reply
Yes solar is a included on 2015 .but I think you only get two gas bottles on the internal shower model . Cheers justin

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hi everyone
We have just ordered a Expanda 17-56 -1 ob 2015 model at Melbourne caravan show . We pick it up in June!
We also added the following extras:
Show pack that included wind up antenna / fusion stereo / TV
Hot water and outdoor shower
Extra light above shower
Extra gas bottle
Extra water tank
Drifta control panel
Extended draw bar
Privacy screens
External picnic table
I have also requested hot water switch /pump switch /Drifta and stereo to be relocated inside cupboard above fridge . To keep it all away from little fingers.

Does anyone have any more options / extras you think I should add and please give a reason why this option is great.
Thank you in advanced
Justin
outside tv point I put my tv on the external table its great when no mozzies , fridge fan to keep it cooler fan on the motor of fridge and welcome Justin

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Hi @Justin, I've also just ordered the same from the show with a similar build date and I have got exactly what you have ordered in the way of extras. The only thing I'm waiting on is that the guys at Page Bros weren't clear whether all the power points had USB points or just one. In the list of specs it says one, but they had thought that all had USB, if not I'll be ordering some extras.

The only other option I was thinking about was shelves to the pantry and robe, but after seeing what guys have done on here over the last couple of years I'm going to do it myself.
Im not going with privacy screens, I'm going with the new waterproof bed ends.

Well done on the choices, now for the wait!

Az

Justin

Feb 1, 2015
Melbourne
Not sure about usb power points !! But if I find out I will let you know . I also forgot to mention I put extra shelves in robe
Cheers justin

vivkingsa

Aug 23, 2014
Whittlesea
I have an oven which I couldn't live without, I also had a power point and 12 v point put next to the fridge which is our foot end of the bed for charging things and eventually awe will mount a Tv so I can lie in bed on rainy days and watch a movie with head phones!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Only 12V plug we got in our 2014 model was on the antenna booster fitting (Fitted for 12V TV). I added double USB and a double cig lighter sockets under the dinette seat and wired direct into the setec unit.

12V power sockets 01.jpg

Reactions: bigcol and AzHaych

Justin

Feb 1, 2015
Melbourne
Hi Coled
Lookes like there is only one usb ! Even in the brochure it only mentions one ! I will wait to we do our final approval and work out were best to get some more .
Cheers justin

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Hi Coled
Lookes like there is only one usb ! Even in the brochure it only mentions one ! I will wait to we do our final approval and work out were best to get some more .
Cheers justin
We are getting ours fitted when they turn up, apparently they have none and could not fit at time of build so we have to wait.

Kane

Apr 6, 2015
Perth
Sorry to hijack the thread - on our recently delivered 16.49-4, we didn't get any USB ports on the GPOs - I was of the understanding that all of the power points were being supplied with these.. Problem is, didn't get that in writing anywhere, and the dealer just said that sometimes Jayco alter the specs at will.

I was going to pull the GPOs off and replace them with ones with USB ports, but as they're pretty likely to be bulkier in the back, they may not fit in the same mounts - could get too messy. Instead, I'm going to wire in some 5A 12v to 5v dc-dc convertors, and have about 6 ports in the cupboard under where the TV goes.. Then, I'll have 5-6 charging cables plugged in permanently, ready to charge whatever needs chartging.. Given the amount of things that require USB charging these days (phones, ipads, 4g dongle, bluetooth speakers, etc), having plenty of USB ports available should be pretty standard.

Would also like to hear if anyone else with a 2015 build has LED lights in their cupboards, as per this thread - ours didn't, and again, we had nothing in writing - only the dealer reading out the same list over the phone. (given it matched the list in that thread, I just assumed it would be a given)

Cheers

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Sorry to hijack the thread - on our recently delivered 16.49-4, we didn't get any USB ports on the GPOs - I was of the understanding that all of the power points were being supplied with these.. Problem is, didn't get that in writing anywhere, and the dealer just said that sometimes Jayco alter the specs at will.

I was going to pull the GPOs off and replace them with ones with USB ports, but as they're pretty likely to be bulkier in the back, they may not fit in the same mounts - could get too messy. Instead, I'm going to wire in some 5A 12v to 5v dc-dc convertors, and have about 6 ports in the cupboard under where the TV goes.. Then, I'll have 5-6 charging cables plugged in permanently, ready to charge whatever needs chartging.. Given the amount of things that require USB charging these days (phones, ipads, 4g dongle, bluetooth speakers, etc), having plenty of USB ports available should be pretty standard.

Would also like to hear if anyone else with a 2015 build has LED lights in their cupboards, as per this thread - ours didn't, and again, we had nothing in writing - only the dealer reading out the same list over the phone. (given it matched the list in that thread, I just assumed it would be a given)

Cheers
We didn't get any USB points at all. Did speak to our dealer and a couple others. They all said that they weren't going to be available, it says in the brochure that one is fitted but "*subject to change". We also don't have led's in cupboard but do have led strip lights under the overhead ones.

tassiesurf

Apr 26, 2015
tassie
I just signed up for a 17.56-2 OB sep build
Extras
Show Special tv/stereo arial
External gas fitting for BBQ
Power points
Upgraded solar 120 to 150w
Water filter
Storm covers bed ends
External shower

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
...I was going to pull the GPOs off and replace them with ones with USB ports, but as they're pretty likely to be bulkier in the back, they may not fit in the same mounts - could get too messy. Instead, I'm going to wire in some 5A 12v to 5v dc-dc convertors, and have about 6 ports in the cupboard under where the TV goes.. Then, I'll have 5-6 charging cables plugged in permanently, ready to charge whatever needs chartging.. Given the amount of things that require USB charging these days (phones, ipads, 4g dongle, bluetooth speakers, etc), having plenty of USB ports available should be pretty standard….

Just be aware that I think all the GPO's are double pole for safety (active and neutral are switched). Replacement ones with a USB's may only be single pole (where only the active is switched).

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol and relgate

Kane

Apr 6, 2015
Perth
[QUOTE="twscoot, post: 116503, member: 2880]
Just be aware that I think all the GPO's are double pole for safety (active and neutral are switched). Replacement ones with a USB's may only be single pole (where only the active is switched).[/QUOTE]

A good reason for me not to go down that path - I think that my alternate solution (wiring to the 12v) will be a much easier solution.

Good to know that though!

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
I assume that with the GPO with the built in usb, the usb would only be active when on 240v unless Jayco has also wired 12v to each. Kind of defeats the purpose in some ways.
Better to run a few extra 12v points and plug usb adapers into them so they can be used when free camping.