17' Series 17-56-1 First timers.

Jewel70

Oct 9, 2011
Mackay, Qld
Hey everyone. We are looking at the 17-56-1 and are just wondering what are some of the best accessories to get or what extra's you think we may need? We are looking at getting air con in the roof, privacy screens and the bigger fridge. This will be our very first caravan, so we really don't know a lot about it at all. So any help would be so appreciated. Also, how much are the enclosed annexe's for them? Thanks in advance.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hi and welcome

You have picked the main ones, a hot water service is another good option. With annexes I think they are in the $2-3k mark so it helps to be sure you want one.

Good luck

crystal674

Jun 17, 2011
Benaraby Qld
Hi Jewel,

We have just picked-up our 17-56-2 OB, loving it!

We went for the smaller fridge and aircon because of hight restrictions (got to fit it in the shed) and we already have a big Engel.

Also, we didn't get the aerial as we have decided that satellite is the way to go.

Our annexe is an AustraliaWide Annexe which we have found easy to use.

It cost about $2500.00 and was fitted before we took delivery of the Panda.

Hope this helps,

Crystalyn

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Cool.

We went for the 17.56-2 cause we wanted the toilet/shower.

HWS would be good & maybe an outside shower - OK for QLD!

Aircon - we went for the cabinet one as it was cheaper and will keep the van height down. Told the roof ones work a little better so that might come in handy in QLD too.

We got the 150 ltr fridge so with the cabinet aircon so we had to move the microwave under the cooker. Both meant we lost some storage space but that isn't an issue in the 17.56-1.

Privacy screens are good as is an annex -if you don't want to spend that sort of money straight up on an annex, consider shades instead (much cheaper). You can always get an annex later.

Drop down corner jacks are better than wind downs and really cheap to do at initial build - about $160 (factory) V's $700 post build.

Gas bayonets, particularly if you get 2 gas bottles.

Extra power points in the van come in handy are very cheap to do at build as well.

Good luck!

Jewel70

Oct 9, 2011
Mackay, Qld
Thank you. My hubby and I were only talking about the corner jacks today and wondering which way to go. We are going to ring the dealership today, to start things moving along.

10petenat

Jun 5, 2011
Yeppoon, Central Queensland
Hi Jewel70,
Hope you got my message. Our kids are 6(Charlie) and 8(Lillie) also. Will have to go for an Expanda catchup once we get back from our trip around Australia. Not sure when that will be though. My plan is not in the distant future.

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
We think shelves in the clothes cupboards are a worthwhile idea. Cheap to get done and give good storage options.

Jewel70

Oct 9, 2011
Mackay, Qld
Hi Nat , thanks I got your message, I replied back to it. Our kids are India(8) and Caden (6). They love camping and were all excited when we went in to town the other day to have a look at some caravans.