Old & Moved 16.49.3 getting ready to sell

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We will be getting our 16.49.3 (september 2014 model) ready for sale and will post photos and details, as per required format, sometime over the next few days.

OB model, with all the usual inclusions and then some extras..ESC, extra points, antiflaps etc etc

As we need to empty it out before we take some photos, I thought I'd just give a heads up.

If, by some chance, someone is looking for one, we're located just outside Brisbane. PM me for early details.

Now, off to empty it out and find a place for the contents in the damp shed ...now drying out after the deluge last weekend. The van was fine and protected but the shed was flooded.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Good luck with the sale. What are you replacing it with or has that been posted elsewhere.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
No...hot off the press!

We made the mistake of going to the Caravan Show yesterday with a specific list of items we'd been thinking about for ages....a custom made weber box with slide to fit on draw bar, after removing one of the gas bottles.

And boring stuff like hooks and a search for less boring stuff.

We can't justify the cost of the custom made box.

Also, after our recent trip to southern climes with temps we're not used to and having to live more inside the van rather than outside, we've confirmed we are campers rather than caravanners. Or rather, we much prefer to cook, eat, wash up etc outside so we had that in the back of our minds.

Then we stumbled on an expanda type van with a full external kitchen, roof top reverse cycle air conditioning and a separate shower toilet. A few other things tempted us, but they were the main ones.

So....our dearly loved van will be on the market once we do the necessary.

We'll get the gas certificate, roadworthy etc done before we list it anywhere.

It's hard trying to think of what we've added, changed etc in 18 months and we had no plans to use it anyway till February next year.

I only posted this in case anyone is looking for a really good 2014 model, already set up for lots of free camping and doesn't want to endure the dreaded wait!

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Oooh how exciting @Dobbie (and another reason I am avoiding the show before we get our new van lol). We are a bit like you, hence why we kept our van simple and is pretty much only for sleeping inside. Can't wait to see what you have bought!! Good luck on your sale. Am sure it will sell quickly. Do you happen to know what the show package (if there is one) is on the Jayco's, just curious.

Reactions: Dobbie

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
From memory...and, after yesterday, that's not all that reliable....it's the usual tv (19.5), external speakers and radio/cd I think. We did talk with jayco but it was fleeting.

Sure you don't want ours and avoid waiting till next week?

You must be getting excited or exhausted in equal amounts.

Where are you going to try it all out?

Reactions: FiveInAVan

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hey @Dobbie, we were at the show yesterday but only spent a short time looking at vans. Wea are happy with our Jayco but wanted to just look at a few others but the prices stuck on the outside frightened the daylights out of me. Anything comparable to our Journey was up in the $70-$80K.

The only thing I was looking to buy was a ball weight scale if I could find one for $50 or less, I found a Hayman Reese one for $40 so I came home happy.

Good luck with selling your van, I'm sure it will move quickly and I'll look forward to seeing your new setup.

Reactions: dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Hey @Dobbie, we were at the show yesterday but only spent a short time looking at vans. Wea are happy with our Jayco but wanted to just look at a few others but the prices stuck on the outside frightened the daylights out of me. Anything comparable to our Journey was up in the $70-$80K.

The only thing I was looking to buy was a ball weight scale if I could find one for $50 or less, I found a Hayman Reese one for $40 so I came home happy.

Good luck with selling your van, I'm sure it will move quickly and I'll look forward to seeing your new setup.

Thanks. We were also very happy and had no intention of looking at vans but when we turned away in disgust at the probable price of the only tool box set up we'd consider, then looked for a toilet, as you do, we took a short cut and found an alternative. It just seems a no brainer to spend a bit more, upgrade the van including the toolbox and the outdoor kitchen but retain the setup we essentially like.

I can't believe how difficult it is to identify the bits that are standard and those we've added or changed. I've downloaded the latest specs from Jayco so that gives me a starting point.

I guess I'd better put an ad together for this site and the usual others then wait for the texts and emails from those who live and work overseas.

That's likely to take me a few days. ...uugh

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We had a quick trip ...about four weeks...so wanted to check out the Coffin Bay Area and the SA reach out of the Murray.

We were around there last year in February March and this year April may.

It was cold and wet most of the time this year but hot and dry last year.

In future, we'll be better prepared for the cold and wet ..... A fan heater and a DrizaBone.

Reactions: Crusty181